Vito 120 MAF sensor repeated failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gadget TNT

Car
vito 120 sportX
Hope some one can help.

I have a 2008 vito that went into limp mode 3 months ago.
code was a MAF sensor so a new one was fitted from euro car parts.
Needed to be reset on star reader to clear but once done all was fine.

But.. 3 months later it has gone into limp mode again

I have a cheap reader (iCarsoft ) that states the fault is:
2623-001 "Component B2/7 (Hot Film mass air flow sensor) does not function properly. offset drift at idle.
By the way this reader wont clear the fault... not surprised.

I could believe the unit has failed but when I checked the first unit it had failed within 12 month based on date code.(fitted before I bought the van)

Am I missing something simple here or do these Bosch unit fail this quick.

There has been a hesitation on hard acceleration, this might be related.

I tend to shy away from Euro quite a lot as their parts are less than... so I use GSF and you'll find that more often than not there is a poor range and a quality range... the latter I tend to use more. Now, MB being MB and owning one in another vehicle ..they can be temperamental and not like spurious parts God knows how they know but they do... sso I'd be inclined to bite the bullet on a genuine one and see how you go... also check the loom as the wiring to the sensor can harden up over time and break causing a short hence blowing your MAF..

Thanks I will price a genuine one tomorrow.

The MAF is reading, but looks like its reading high at idle, as I'm not seeing a big increase as the engine revs up.

Engine will rev up freeing off load, but a slug on load.

Do me a favour - unplug the MAF and see if it runs better.. if it does, then its definitely the MAF if it doesn't then we're looking at something else.. and I hope I'm wrong!

Can you post a vid of the engine? I'm curious...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom