Vito 120 Steering wheel upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bez2777

Car
Vito 120cdi
Hi
Has anyone managed to fit a decent flat bottom steering wheel into a Vito?
I have a 2006 120 with steering wheel controls for the on board computer,
I wouldn’t mind upgrading the steering wheel to a flat bottom kind, I have seen the reproduction ones from Germany that take the original airbag & buttons but not over keen on them as they are much like the original, also I wouldn’t mind upgrading the cluster to the later type as I have the old type with the large sweeping speedo so it brings it in line with the facelift conversion I have done to it,
Regards
Rob

I believe Zenman upgraded a cluster some years back. He gave a good report on here that should serve valuable purpose.

I upgraded a standard wheel by a chap in Glasgow., but not flat bottom It cost a bout £250, similar to the German upgrade bth the German example looks a little better. It also used standard airbag c/w controls.
I was happy with the wheel and took it with me to the 2 following 639's.

I have considered the German upgrade but 1st I need get my 2014 Viano back on the road, which is time I'm lacking right now. And waiting for the Brexit confusions to pass seemed relevant, but they seem to be getting on top of that.

Hi
also I wouldn’t mind upgrading the cluster to the later type as I have the old type with the large sweeping speedo so it brings it in line with the facelift conversion I have done to it,

This is the cluster in my 2007:

Capture.JPG

It was replaced by MB a couple of years ago ... I'm sure it looked identical but the new one has 'range' available on the trip screen, which is a huge plus!

Hi M80, I will have a look for Zenman’s write up on the cluster upgrade, the one BTB 500 above has got is exactly what I am after and having range on the trip computer sounds good too
Really can’t stand looking at the old fashioned sweeping type it’s so ugly
As for the steering wheel I was hoping for a flat bottomed one along with the airbag from an AMG car but could be too difficult as I don’t think they will be plug and play and the controls could prove difficult too get working too, I know the facelift steering wheel & airbag go straight in but they are not that great looking so I may just send for one of those repo’s from Germany that accept my airbag into them unless anyone has carried out a conversion from a AMG car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom