Vito 120Cdi 3.0L V6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Holding on to gears (to some extent) when cold is a 'feature' of the 5-speed box - it does it intentionally, to warm the engine up quicker. My SL does the same, although maybe yours goes a bit too far! :D

The glove box lock is a minor pain ... mine has come apart a couple of times now. But it's an easy DIY fix - there's just a little pivot pin that works loose.

The Dualiner has pretty much the same payload as the standard van (over a tonne) which I guess is why the suspension is the same. I once drove ours with over 900 kg of floor tiles in the centre (with the seats flipped) and it felt completely normal!

Still got mine too! 43,000 miles and relatively trouble free. Lots of EGR problems untill a software change in 2008. New front brake caliper & pads (under warranty). Been chipped from new with no problems. Heavy on tyres, now on 255/45r18 Goodyear FI. Only real fault is its total inability to cope with ice and snow, so at the first sign I leave it at work and go home in our old Astra van. Has any one been able to improve the software setting of the gearbox & reduce the huge (and frightening) delay when wishing to pull out or onto an island?

Yup had all that too.

New Gearbox, TQ Converter, x7 EGR Valves, x3 Crank Angle Sensors, X6 O2 Sensors, ECU update after ECU update, Both Front Calipers and Pins, Gear Change indicator Panel (P N D R next to lever), N/S front Whell Bearing (Infact I think the whole hub got changed, x6 Sets of front padsa and discs, x3 Sets of Rear Pads and Discs, x2 sets of Front Roll Bar Bushes, Top Strut Mod, Sat Nav Antennea, Partirdge in a pear tree...... You get the picture.

This was an early (Jan 07) Highgly Speced 120. There were definatley some touchey feeley learning curves going on with the factory back then.

Once all the mods came out, the problems stopped.

Rememeber, my 120 has the factory weight upgrade to almost 3000Kgs and I run at full capacity all the time.

It is also ELWB and is FANTASTIC in the SNOW and ICE.

Probably a combination of weight and wheelbase.

Wouldnt chage it for the world, nothing on the market is even close in my opinion. The dearler were excellent in the early days with all the warranty problems.

If the new Vito coming out soon is FWD then i am going to stick with mine. That would be a big step backwards.

Window Regulator Assy

On my 07 120 cdi Vito it seams the Window Regulator Assy has broken. Pulled the trim of to have a look and found one of the cables was twisted up in the assy also bits of white plastic were found in the bottom of the door. Looks to me I will have to replace the hole Window Regulator Assy but doesn't look easy to take out. Any tips or were I can view any information on this repair.

Thanks Andrew

Both window regulators were replaced on mine under warranty, I think it's a known weakness. See if a dealer will do it under 'goodwill'??

If the new Vito coming out soon is FWD then i am going to stick with mine. That would be a big step backwards.
I think they are leaving the 3.0 V6 as rear wheel and the 2.2s are to be FWD in conjunction with a tie-in with Renault:crazy:

Window Regulator Assy

Had my Window Regulator Assy repaired by an after market company today at a third of the price Mercedes quoted me.
The company specializes in power window rebuilds and was told was a common problem for this car.
Will see how long we go before the other one goes.

2007 vito 120
Hi I've had loads of problems with the egr, so i decided to have it deleted from the ecu. engine light has gone but it still runs in limp mod! so im wondering if they have done the job correctly.
The egr is still fitted but in the off position and unplugged.
As well as deleting it from the ecu should the egr valve itself be physically removed and blanked off.?

The normal egr delete is fitting a resistor in the plug after disconnecting it and leave the egr fitted, have you checked that your swirl valve hasn't suffered with oil from the turbo leaking on to it. There are so many things that could be causing limp mode that without more info its almost impossible to say

And by way of an update i still have my 120 which is an 07 plate and have not had any problems other than a failed EGR and drivers window regulator. It still drives very well and i average around 36 mpg on a run and 40 mpg running local. Its still on its original disc's, has had one set of pads front and back, i dont seem to suffer the front tyre wear problems others suffer and it doesn't use a drop of oil between services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom