Vito 120cdi sport-x vs what V5 document says

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vito V6

Car
Vito V6 W639 2009 Auto (120CDI)
Hi guys,

my V5 registration document says it's a viti 120cdi SWB A

however it has the sport-x badges, brabus wheels and front bumper and chrome trims all around, 2 captain leather seats and all the extra gadgets including command satnav electric folding mirrors and auto lights/wipers etc

and as far as im aware this was factory options, my insurance will cover it as what it says on the V5 only so i had to pay extra for the sport x styling as they classed it as mods, is this correct??

also the V5 says it's a 3 seater but it has 2??

any help much appreciated :)

The Sport-X is a UK special edition, it leaves the factory as a standard 120 and the parts that make it cosmetically different are fitted after it arrives here.

You should insure it as a Vito Sport-X ... the V5 is often inaccurate (the one for my Dualiner said "panel van"). Pretty sure COMAND isn't standard - that would have been a factory option.

Don't worry. My V5 is the same……shows six seats (I have a Dualiner) instead of five and shown as a panel van!

Having spoken to several insurance companies and brokers, some know and grasp what the vehicle is and other don't. The former got my business.

I would say your insurance company fall into the latter category by the sounds of it.

You can ring the DVLA and get the V5 changed ... I had a new one sent out saying "van, side windows". But it doesn't really matter AFAIK.

phew, thanks guys was getting a bit worried lol
yes i think i will try get the v5 changed for peace of mind, is it a simple process? wont they ask questions or want to come see it etc?

insurance charged me extra £160 for the sport x styling as modifications because i told them in the v5 it doesnt say sport x!
so if i get the v5 changed i should be able to get that money back hopefully :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom