vito 2005 115 engine problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang

Car
ml 270 brabus d4,
hi all. so my vito 115 2005 starts fine. but a dash light come on which looks like a type of gearbox symbol but it isn't, I thought it was water in fuel filter but have changed that as it was overdue. basically I cant put the power down, i cleaned out the fuel tank of any contaminates as I do run blends from time to time and have for years and never had a problem, have had this van 2 odd years and no problems, I understand all of the issues with common rail engines and do not put them at risk. but think I may have done a bad batch or the cold weather has had a effect.

so I can start it and then go to drive off and this light comes on , then it eventually cuts off the engine, then I try to start and it won't just keeps turning over, I disconnect the battery then it will start again, drive off and the same happens, I took off the front sensor on the common rail and blow it out, cleaned out all of the fuel and filled up with a full tank of pump diesel. did make a slight difference ie a bit more power.

im thinking either the high pressure fuel pump or pressure reg sensor.

any ideas. ? have knocked the fuel on the head until I do a viscosity test on it, never had this problem even with my ml 270 cdi brabus d4 , been blending for 3 years, seems this vito may have some more sensitive sensors compared to my older 2000 vito and ml . curious

cheers all

on the ml the sensor is the exhaust/engine management sensor symbol that is showing - on the vito its this sensor that is coming on. could it be egr valve ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom