Vito 2012 - suspected head gasket issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChloeHannah

Car
Vito
Hello all,
I have a 2012 LWB Vito with approx 60thou miles on the clock. I have had it for approx a year and during this time my coolent has slowly been disappearing to who knows where!? At the same time I have had my warning light for over full oil on twice. When I have checked the oil there is minimal yellow foam residue which I think is usually the sign of something nasty getting in there, so I just drained some oil out and the warning light switched off... It was a pretty minimal amount. I have had the local garage look over it with not much of a result they just put a leak fiixer type liquid in the coolent tank and said it would fix any thing small, hairline... I am now wondering if my cylinder head gasket has gone??

Has anyone had similar problems with their Vitos??
Before this van I was a volvo/ skoda person so any Mercedes Benz Vito pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chloe

Wait and see if the leak sealer works; I'd give it a 30% chance.
But if it does, you're out of trouble for very little money.

After that you can start taking the engine apart, but often you can't tell for sure if you have found the problem until you put it back together and try it.

Engine Oil can get diluted by diesel during regeneration. Especially when the car has lots of failed regenerations due to short journeys Did the garage pressure test the cooling system there is also a combustible gas check that can be carried out in the expansion tank that would confirm head gasket issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom