Vito 2020 119 Facelift Audio 40

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jbrookes

Car
Vito 119 Premium 2020 Facelift & CLK55AMG
Hi
I am new to the forum, just taken delivery in December of a brand new facelift Vito L2 119 Premium. (Also have a 2004 CLK 55 AMG).

I am just wondering if any one else has got the “upgrade” of Audio 40 radio unit?

I am very unimpressed with it my 5 year old Skoda radio is much better both in function, and audio quality. I struggle to hear callers when travelling at motorway speeds no DAB station labels. Even on the loudest setting it is not that loud!

So far it’s had a firmware upgrade when it was a week old and then the dealer compared it with a tourer with the same unit and they are both the same sort of levels and say they is nothing that can be done.

On top of that the Mercedes Pro app has not been working for nearly a week and customer devices are “working on it” so no theft warnings, remote heater control or remote unlock/locking.

Anybody else experienced these problems.

Audio 40 isn’t great. It look like non-genuine equipment doesn’t it?

As it’s still a new product, there hasn’t been many complaints yet so nothing is being done to report and resolve issues.

Mercedes PRO connect though should be easy to resolve. To confirm, you created an account on the Mercedes PRO Portal right? Then you had your local dealer verify your account?

Then back on the Portal you assigned products products to your vehicle and added a driver?

Did you use two different email addresses? The Portal account and driver account cannot have the same email address. Ridiculous I know but that’s just how it is, it causes backend problems.

Once the driver receives the invitation email after being added, the driver then creates and account, logs into the Mercedes PRO app and pairs the phone with the vehicle.

Thanks for the reply. The Pro app was working and it was with the same email address then on Tuesday morning it just stopped and they are saying it a backend issue, so yesterday I registered another email address that i use sometimes incase it was that problem and even though i have confirmed the new address it just says waiting confirmation in the dashboard when i log in a fleet manager.

Yeah i have insisted that the dealer register the Audio 40 problem as a complaint in the hope that other people do the same and they come up with a solution rather than just saying its normal.

Have you removed the first driver with the same email address?

You can only assign one driver per vehicle and this causes problems adding a new driver. I had this with a customer recently.

Are you speaking with a Zuzana at Mercedes PRO connect Support?

No i just speak to whoever answers the service button in the van. But since adding additional users yesterday (not as drivers as they pending activation) i can no longer log in as Fleet manager so will have to ring again on Monday is it best to try and contact Zuzana if so whats the best method?

I have an Audio 40 in mine. The handsfree volume is really low, callers can hardly hear me and I have to really shout.
It's a Pioneer unit, I've searched for solutions. With the microphone just above the head unit in bezel I don't think it's possible to change it for a better mic.
It's odd the the voice commands can hear me OK, even if I speak quietly, but callers can't - which tells me the level on outgoing calls needs to be increased somehow.

I have an Audio 40 in mine. The handsfree volume is really low, callers can hardly hear me and I have to really shout.
It's a Pioneer unit, I've searched for solutions. With the microphone just above the head unit in bezel I don't think it's possible to change it for a better mic.
It's odd the the voice commands can hear me OK, even if I speak quietly, but callers can't - which tells me the level on outgoing calls needs to be increased somehow.
Hi
I also have the audio 40 and have fiited a separate mic by the sun viser. If you take out the head unit you can see the mic cable and it's jack plug. I had a mic from a previous radio so installed it and plugged it in on back of unit in place of existing one and it works as it should now.
For info it's a Pioneer head unit.

Hi Mate
The additional mic wont help i cant hear them but they can hear me. I actually really regret paying for the upgrade as the unit is crap.

Hi
I also have the audio 40 and have fiited a separate mic by the sun viser. If you take out the head unit you can see the mic cable and it's jack plug. I had a mic from a previous radio so installed it and plugged it in on back of unit in place of existing one and it works as it should now.
For info it's a Pioneer head unit
Thanks for that - I'll have a look.
As for the volume issue the OP mentions - I have no issues with mine. The call volume level is normally set at about 10 on mine.
DAB Station Labels? Does the Audio40 support them? I usually have WAZE up on display all of the time, and only ever listen to Planet Rock, so not over bothered by them.

As for the volume issue the OP mentions - I have no issues with mine. The call volume level is normally set at about 10 on mine.
DAB Station Labels? Does the Audio40 support them? I usually have WAZE up on display all of the time, and only ever listen to Planet Rock, so not over bothered by them.
I have no problem with volume either, there a lot of settings to do with speaker levels etc which I have played with to get best sound for me, + I have got a under seat sub which the Audio 40 has an RCA output on the back for along with pre amp RCA's. So you can control the sub from the head unit.
As for the mic you will see the included mic has the spare cable coiled up on back of radio. I just unplugged this and put the new one in which solved the problem of people hearing me. As for the dab side I have not found an aftermarket radio be it Alpine, Kenwood or Pioneer that has a really good display with all the DAB info like some modern car radios do.

Hi Mate
The additional mic wont help i cant hear them but they can hear me. I actually really regret paying for the upgrade as the unit is crap.
Completely agree, Audio 40 on my W447 is useless. No carplay, no voice commands and is going back in for the third time but I am sure this isa lost cause. Mercedes support were worse than useless, disgraceful company never again will I buy one.

Since changing my phone there has been an improvement in "transmitted" audio. Other than that, everything is fine with it. Sounds like you've (jgcomms) got a bad one, and sounds like your dealer isn't helping. My local dealers (S&B Commercials / Orwell Trucks) have been great. I'll be ordering my next one in about a year's time. Won't have anything else.

Hi, can you tell me what phne you are using
thanks
john

Hi,

I have the iPhone 11 pro.

Hi, can you tell me what phne you are using
thanks
john
I'm using a CAT S62pro - running Android 10.
Since posting originally, the volume level (from me in the van) has been noted as not as loud as it used to be. I've gone through the settings on the phone, and can't see anything different. Still haven't had a chance to extract the microphone from within the dash, or try a different one - I have lots of Nokia and THB mics laying about in my various boxes of junk.

Hi
I am new to the forum, just taken delivery in December of a brand new facelift Vito L2 119 Premium. (Also have a 2004 CLK 55 AMG).

I am just wondering if any one else has got the “upgrade” of Audio 40 radio unit?

I am very unimpressed with it my 5 year old Skoda radio is much better both in function, and audio quality. I struggle to hear callers when travelling at motorway speeds no DAB station labels. Even on the loudest setting it is not that loud!

So far it’s had a firmware upgrade when it was a week old and then the dealer compared it with a tourer with the same unit and they are both the same sort of levels and say they is nothing that can be done.

On top of that the Mercedes Pro app has not been working for nearly a week and customer devices are “working on it” so no theft warnings, remote heater control or remote unlock/locking.

Anybody else experienced these problems.
I had a 2016 Vito Crew which I added a Apline Halo head unit to (amazing) But just bought a 119 Sport Crew and the Audio 40 is horrible, I use Carplay for Waze and WA replies. Carplay keeps cutting out and when using the phone, carplay will cut out and swap to audio 40 and then I can't hear the caller. Anyone had any fixs from Merc? otherwise my Alpine is going in and audio 40 on ebay

A little update for you guys, i couldn't live with it, and i ended up rejecting the van just short of one year old and getting my money back despite various tries to fix it, shame as i really loved the van. and everything else has gone through the roof price wise. But when you are doing 4hrs plus a day driving it and having to use my phone with earphones for music and car phone.

That's sad to hear. While mine was in for a warranty repair (intercooler), I had a poverty spec 114 as a "courtesy van". That had the latest version of the Audio 30 in it, and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. I'm going to order my next Vito in the summer - will see what options are available other than the Audio 30/40. Might go aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom