Vito 447 door lock pain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thedogwalker447

Car
Vito 447 114 bluetec
So on my old 639 changing the door lock because of the spring failing was quite a common task, and not too difficult for a novice........however the 447 having the same problem with the spring failing is a nightmare to change

firstly the door panel is riveted on now so they have to be drilled out and being a plastic panel I found it really hard to drill them wi hour them spinning and cutting through the panel

secondly the lock is a different fitting to the 639 ( I had a spare one,,,, didn’t fit ! ) so got a new lock from eBay, but to gain access to fit it I’ve had to disconnect the door panel from the window, take the full handle assembly out,
The door lock now connects to the handle which i didn’t realise by a plastic arm, which also holds the cable for the outer handle in place, which snapped on removal meaning that the cable for the door handle now won’t work !
Anyway after much swearing and wishing I had a 639 again the lock is in but I can’t remember which way the cables go for the window ! Anyone know ???? And also what is the correct way to unattach the glass from the window mechanism I got it off mostly through anger by taking out the thin blue clips... had to break them and then had a bit of a wriggle.

so lock works but outer handle doesn’t and no window, must compose
Myself and try again tomorrow !!

also drivers side, side door unlocks sometimes and then doesn’t ???? Anyone have this issue ?

Sorry can't help. But all the best with this.

It sounds like another example of MB designing something to up the labour cost.

I'm busy taking my Viano 651 engine out as it seems like working on it in situ isn't realistic.

Sorry can't help. But all the best with this.

It sounds like another example of MB designing something to up the labour cost.

I'm busy taking my Viano 651 engine out as it seems like working on it in situ isn't realistic.
Yeah I think so, I imagine the stealers cost to replace the lock with labour would be a weeks wage !

Reactions: m80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom