Vito 638 monster truck lite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

finisterre

Car
Vito, Z4, 530i touring
Not really but time for some new tyres..

I spend quite a lot of time on tracks and grass, the ground clearance could do with a boost. Something with an aggressive tread wouldn't hurt much either.

Does anybody know what I can cram into a 97 Vito wheel arch without fouling?

Currently budget 195 70 15s

I half expect I will need to change the existing steel 15" rims.

Does anybody know what I can cram into a 97 Vito wheel arch

Rust?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...:p

If you are looking for wheels in general, I'm pretty sure I've read on here that ML wheels go straight on.

I also vaguely remember that ML wheels have the right PCD etc. But obviously if you increase the overall rolling radius the gearing (and speedo / odometer) will be out. Easiest way to increase ground clearance would be different springs I'd have thought, then some 'all terrain' tyres on the standard wheels.

Watch out that whatever wheels/tyres you do end up using have the right weight ratings for a van though (based on max gross weight). Anything other than standard setup may also be an issue with insurance (if you declare the change ...).

The wheel arches are okay, it is the doors, the sills, the bonnet, the body, the subframe mountings and the tailgate that have it bad.

I am not in much danger of speeding, certainly not for the first few minutes after pulling away.

I will see if I can get a few details on ML wheels, thanks.

Judging by that comment, it must be a 108?

Yes 108d all of 79bhp and weighing 1750Kgs

Not quick.

17" fits sometimes with heavy loads and bumpy roads the rear arch rubs. The front splash guards get rubbed a little too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom