Vito 638 - Sliding door Woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madmatuk

Car
Sprinter 109 CDI SWB Limo 22" Alloys
Hi guys,

The sliding door on my van is completely out of line.

The rear of the door when closed doesn't pull in and there is a large spacing from the body of the van and rear of door, as shown below.

IMG_3945.JPG

IMG_3946.JPG

The closest edge of the sliding door ( the side that meets with the passenger door ) is touching.

IMG_3947.JPG

I have noticed that one of the door slam guide things is broken, would this cause all this bad alignment, or may there be something else wrong.

IMG_3952.JPG

Are there any common places to adjust the sliding doors?

Any help - as always will be most appreciated.

Regards
M

:cool: Back in comparison mode Matt; Mine both slide & shut perfectly :rock:

However, yours look nice & clean & shiny, where mine look old discoloured & tatty. (I will only be attending to such issues if/when I sort out her severe piston slap).

Incidentally, I'm very envious of your (nice big dry ? ) barn to work on her in. :D

I have looked at the mounting assembly, and adjustment looks fairly straightforward.?

:cool: Back in comparison mode Matt; Mine both slide & shut perfectly :rock:

However, yours look nice & clean & shiny, where mine look old discoloured & tatty. (I will only be attending to such issues if/when I sort out her severe piston slap).

Incidentally, I'm very envious of your (nice big dry ? ) barn to work on her in. :D

I have looked at the mounting assembly, and adjustment looks fairly straightforward.?

Haha, well its Dryish lol - only a roof, but yer it is a big help!

I have looked at the bolts on the assembly, but i don't see how i can move it backwards, and pull it in at the same time. Maybe i just need a to have a mess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom