Vito 639 120 Turbo cuts out.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aussiejim

Car
120 Vito
We have a 08 120 Vito with 265,000K on it the turbo cuts out sometimes, normally when cold and uphill, so we pull over turn the engine off, remove the key and all is well once the engine is restarted.

I have been told it could be the wastegate valves, has anyone else encounter this issue?

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

You, and others can guess, but it's better to get the codes read on good diagnostics.
For simple diagnostics there can be use made of the Torque app on an Android. Then you need a BT EML 327 sender. The senders are a few $

You, and others can guess, but it's better to get the codes read on good diagnostics.
For simple diagnostics there can be use made of the Torque app on an Android. Then you need a BT EML 327 sender. The senders are a few $
Thanks m80:

Exactly the same issue here.

ODB tool just says low boost pressure.

I have cleaned the intake system including egr valve which I think reduced the frequency of this happening for a bit. Also checked the bearings on the turbo which seems fine. Any other suggestions?

It's like the waste gate just randomly opens and then gets stuck open until your restart the engine

It's like the waste gate just randomly opens and then gets stuck open until your restart the engine
Thank you DJBJ, I shall have them checked out and replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom