Vito 639 battery upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keg

Car
115 CDI auto 2004
I read somewhere you can upgrade to a larger battery is this correct and if so what battery do i need?
Thank you

Just curious, why do you feel you need a bigger (capacity?) battery?

I read somewhere you can upgrade to a larger battery is this correct and if so what battery do i need?
Thank you

Ours has the uprated battery - it's 100 Ah. This was a factory option though, so a (physically) bigger one may not drop straight in.

Just curious, why do you feel you need a bigger (capacity?) battery?

Peace of mind? If you're doing short runs with a lot of electrical load (lights, heated seats, aircon, etc.) a bigger battery gives you a bit more reserve.

Funnily enough when we got our C Class estate I found that also has the uprated battery option.

Once running all loads on the electrical system are met by the alternator.

I suppose multiple short runs and multiple starts could stress a lesser battery.

IIRC every car I've had always came with an 'uprated' battery

Thank you
There is a "foot" bolted into the floor of the far end of the battery compartment.
When I replaced my battery I removed that foot, so that I could install the larger capacity battery in my Vito 109.
My current battery is an 019. It is taller (190mm) and longer (about 350mm) than the one previously installed.
The previous one was a 110, the same 175mm wide, but only 175mm heigh & 317mm long.
Also the premium manufacturers often seem to have higher ratings than the budget ones even for the same battery type.
After some considerable investigation I concluded that the Bosch & Yuasa were my best options. I eventually chose the Yuasa 5110, because I got an exceptionally good deal on it.

Once running all loads on the electrical system are met by the alternator.

Not always. With the engine idling the power consumed by lights/aircon/etc. can exceed the output from the alternator, so the battery is then being discharged to keep things supplied.

The other factory option for the Vito is a second 100 Ah battery :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom