Vito (639) door lock mech, new member

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomWB

Car
Vito 111 long
Hi all!

I've bought myself a 2008 vito 111 long, with the aim of converting it to a camper van over the next few months. It seems solid so far but I do have few minor body jobs to do, starting with a door lock.

The passenger side front door opens and closes fine but won't lock, either with the central or with the button, the button feels stuck. I'm expecting to replace it unless anyone has some other suggestions?

Do I have to remove the window/regulator to do this? anyone give me any tips/how-to before I start?

Tom

Hi Tom

Did you get anywhere with this? I've got a similar problem.

Cheers, Jimbob

Hi Jimbob,

I did replace it with a used one from ebay.

It goes something like this:

1. pop off the inside door handle (the big one you would pull the door closed with not the small one you would pull to open the door)
2. remove two screws from behind the handle
3. remove three screws in the bottom of the door card and pull out the plugs they were screwed into.
4. work round the door card popping off clips
5. pull the door card outward at the bottom/sides to release the remaining centre clip.
6. lift the door card up to unhook it from the door at the top
7. disconnect the wires and cables on the back of the door card. The tweeter pulls out of the door card.
8. remove the foam gasket from the door by cutting the mastic
9. wind the window down until you can see the bolt of the glass clamp, an loosen it
10. wind the window up and support it with tape
11. undo the bolts holding the regulator to the door and push it to the side (I think I did this with only the bottom bolt removed)
12. undo the three bolts holding the lock in and manoeuvre it out.

It's not necessary to remove the outside handle, (this is what the fourth screw in the door end is for). I don't have a keyhole in that door so might be different if you do.

I can't remember when I removed the lock button/rod or if it was necessary. it has a plastic clip on the lock which hinges away from the the rod and then allows the rod to be pulled out then up.

If you are careful the gasket and mastic can be re-used.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom