VITO 639 Seat SRS wiring connector what wire goes where ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
During removal of the single pass seat the under seat 3 core SRS ?? cable connector broke / split so i need to remake it / join the wires together again .....but .............the 3 wires on the seat side are a different f***g colours to the 3 wires on the van / vehicle side ( just to make life difficult!!!.) Heres a piccie anyone know what goes to what ? Much appreciated Its a single passenger seat colours are as below
3 wires From vehicle side Brown , Orange/Grey, Black/Red
3 From Seat side Red , Brown, white so what goes to what ??? any ideas where i can get the wiring diagram ???
Any help / advice
Thanks
Boyd
IMG_1219.JPG

Maybe this is of use,
this is from when I installed ML163 seats into an earlier (07) Vito.

Van - Red / black * +ve *Grey on seat
Van - Grey / red* Data *White on seat
Van - Brown * -Ve *Brown on seat

Sorry for the symbols but it doesn't copy as typed.

Maybe this is of use,

Thanks Thats made my Day:D:D:D I owe you if your ever near Sutton Coldfield PM me and pop in therel'l be a bottle of Vino waiting !! I was thinking I'll struggle on here as not many Vito owners on here, or the other forum . I was thinking it was looking like a trip to the dealer:eek:
Thanks
Boyd

More than welcome, I'm glad it served some purpose.
I'm looking at a Viano down your way so maybe I'll be passing. I might give you a shout for a cuppa'.

What goes around, so I'm sure my effort will be rewarded if it hasn't a good few times already.

Maybe this is of use,

Van - Black / red * +Ve *Red on seat
Van - Grey / brown* Data *White on seat

Above is I've found on my Vito presently fitted with Viano seats, I'm hoping to upgrade to Volvo XC70 seats.
Only a slight difference that shouldn't mean you changing anything but confirmation anyway.

I put a copy of the Viano wiring diagrams on the mercedes-benz-club.co.uk site or you can buy them from emanualonline.com

Thanks Thats made my Day:D:D:D I owe you if your ever near Sutton Coldfield PM me and pop in therel'l be a bottle of Vino waiting !! I was thinking I'll struggle on here as not many Vito owners on here, or the other forum . I was thinking it was looking like a trip to the dealer:eek:
Thanks
Boyd

I won the Viano on eBay from the Roxburghe Group, one of their trade ons. So might well be travelling to your neck o' woods shortly.
I've just got to organise the when and how with the seller now.

I've Pm'd you my address / contact details so give me a ring if your passing I'm around most of the time as "retired " - in a working but not for money kind of way :)

Thanks James,
I'll take you up on that, as and when.
The seller is ignoring messages re collection, so it's looking like there is a reluctance to sell.

So maybe I've actually won nothing??

So what have you bought ?.............. or possibly bought ? 2.2 viano ? M651 or OM 646 ? high tax or low tax I'm often tempted by the lower fuel consumption of a 2.2 but as my 639 has done 203k its probably not worth a lot which means higher cost to change and when i drive it the V6 is so effortlessly smooth , however i think i would appreciate the softer suspension and ride of the viano especially if post 2010 and i think they may be a bit quieter at M-Way speeds , but I have got a fully factory lined Dualiner interior so not sure if they would be any quieter.

To update, no response to messages but today the seller cancelled the sale.
So much for a contract by auction.

Anyway it 'was' a 2008, 2.1 with my preferred choice of 646 engine.

I'm in total agreement of the V6 engine, and as I had this in my previous Viano have a comparisson. I had serious reliability issues largely, I believe, due to the DPF they all come with (642 V6 that is). T'other bit I didn't enjoy was the 18% worse fuel economy.

A couple of weeks ago we went down to Bristol to see and sample a 2010 2.1 Viano (646 again). The Viano came with too much risk for me to pay the sellers price, so no deal. But I did learn how it compares to the V6 Viano and the 2.1 Vito.
Quieter and smoother than the Vito, more refined than the Vito.
Not as smooth or as quiet as the V6, and so engine wise not as refined.
But I am now sold on that as the vehicle of my choice. It won't do anything more than the Vito, but it will do it in nicer style and comfort.
But I do have purpose for a rough and ready lugger at times, so reluctant to pay big dosh for one.

The one removed from my options today has disguised mileage for sure. Showing 103k miles, I estimate the true to be closer to 229k.

But hey ho life's a bitch, and the seller turns out to be similar.

Thanks for the offer of the cuppa, next time perhaps.

Ah well sometimes you win at life sometimes you lose ,hopefully former outweighs the latter , onwards and upwards as they say !
I think my biggest complaint about my current vito is its handling it was never going to equate to my last E class (w210 Er20CDI ) but i do find the van like ride the biggest downside. The Viano I think has Air at the rear and normal springs at the front in 2010 update they introduced more different spring settings for the Vito CF0 for the van , CF9 for the crewvan ( dualiner ?? ) and CF7 for the Tourer so I would presume these have an improved ride , but........... they come with the 651 engine , of which there are concerns re the single chain ( also at the rear of the engine ) From posts on here the chain problem is easily heard on a cold start and the motors with stop start are more prone to the wear but not sure how many post 2010 vitos have the stop start ? so at the moment I'm undecided and therefore staying put, but the itch to improe is still there , I agree the old 646 engine is the bulletproof engine . Ridewise I run on 18's ( 245/45 ) and that probably doesn't help the ride but not sure if changing the aspect ratio or the Diameter will have the desired effect . I've changed my Shocks ( Sachs ) , droplinks , and ARB bushes this year but it hasnt seemed to have made much difference , I'm thinking about the lower arms next and perhaps the rear shocks, but am shooting in the dark really . I think I need to go out and drive a few then see how things stack up but at the moment the priority is to get my new Hertz speakers into the doors and wire in the kenwood powered sub and see if i can get the sound satisfaction i'm also seeking
and yes 18% fuel economy is also an argument for funding the change / upgrade also why i'm looking /trying to work out what will do
Boyd

I have kept the same tyres, they've folowed me from Vito to Viano and back to Vito again.
I ride Michelin Agilis, 205 / 75 / 16. The Viano came with the 17" wheels, I sold them on with the 1st Vito.
The ride in the Vito isn't as smooth as the Viano but I 'believe' the extra pneumatic suspension in the tyres helps some. What 'I believe' hardens the ride is needing load rated tyres, even though I don't haul freight weight, it actually rides better loaded.
I run at 36 /37 psi and haven't experienced uneven tyre wear.
I've found the speedo is corrected to near perfect accuracy with them also.

I didn't realise the 646 engine was still used in the 2010 Vi until I checked example motors, I've even seen one fitted in an early 2011, but maybe that was just sat a while pre purchase.
The issues of the 651 engine scare me some, but the tax saving and some fuel saving could justify the plausible additional future repair costs. But I value the 'hoped' reliability of the 646.
I have considerded a 642 in the 447, as I consider the 642 to be better reliability than the 651. But fuel cost takes some justifying and then I'm back to that bl**dy DPF.

The downside of the Viano is the smaller door mirrors, but the Vito are larger than required imo. The 2010 Viano has a mirror between sizes and with the 5 miles I test drove seemed better. It looks nicer too.

Yep, Viano with rear self adjusting height air suspension and shorter springs on the front. Because it's a little lower our Viano scraped the kerb when reversing on the left side of the drive, the right is drop kerbed. I fitted Vito taller front springs, the rear sorted itself heightwise.

The plus of the Viano is that there must be additional sound proofing, as it is quieter than the Vito. I've fitted carpet underfelt in many voids of this Vito but the Viano still betters it. The Viano has so many subtle improvements I decided rather than upgrade this Vito to try and be one, buying one was the real way forward, even with the additional £400 pa tax. All 646 Viano's are £555 tax.

I'm interested in a sub, I changed the door speakers some years ago and the result was worse. I concluded that I would need to spend a fair amount to improve the present set up. Although I have considered pre loved speakers from a C or E class, but you never know if they've been loved too much.

I'm sure the seller will re advertise, 4 times now so I see a trend. You might have interest to look.
He is / was happy to allow a test drive and to plug in diagnostics. The 2 times I attempted to stop by enroute to London it was locked away in their yard over the w/e, so to me it's still unseen.
He will take £5k, but as I beleive the real mileage is closer to £229 that's too much imo.

2008 MERCEDES VIANO CDI2.2 AMB LONG A MPV | eBay

But let me know if you aim to do anything, there's no point in us bidding against each other.
If he put a reserve on it the likes of I would know not to waste my time, but me pressing a button will waste his time further if this is his style.

Right next door to me that one ! , I'm not seriously looking at the moment as I'm busy with other projects and dont want to add another right now so I'm just looking really to decide / spec what i want when I'm done with my House / other car projects . When I buy the vito / viano it will have to have fitted
Curtains on all side / rear windows ( changing into wetsuit etc ) onboard 2Kw Diesel air heater , pod for cooking ring / 12v fridge /gas bottle and water ( hillwalking and meals when doing watersports ) Upgraded Head Unit and speakers and Privacy glass / tints on all the rear of the cab stuff not ready to do all that over this winter .
However Just Finished installing Hertz speakers -Woofer and tweeter with Crossover Box and certainly the treble is so crisp now i had to turn it down from Full to halfway above neutral so thats an improvement have to wait for a motorway run and see whether the bass is improved Next step is to fit my Kenwood Powered sub from my decommissioned E class so hopefully the sound will be sorted i want the sub to be transferable between my cars so got to fit some stay in wiring and connectors to make swapping it out easier . It transformed the sound in my old W124 E class which had dash speakers ( upgraded to rainbows but bass still poor because of the dash siting ) .
Thanks for the notes on the viano it helps me decide what i should be zeroing in on when the time comes
Boyd

Curtains, I've fitted 2 sets, in previous Vito then Viano, delivered from Germany. I see now they are available in the UK and look to be the same
These were a German brand, I think they used to be called Bauer (or similar).
MERCEDES VITO 638 V CLASS SIDE +REAR INTERIOR SUN SHADES CURTAINS SET CAR GREY | eBay

The van is improved even while curtains open. The rails need to be bent to the profile, as I fitted closer to the glass than the video shows. Use their silly little screwdriver to mount or the anodized rails can be scuffed.
I change into my dry / wetsuit often w/o curtains (not fitted to the present Vito). anyone would be hard pushed to get a flash.

We have a Kyam motor dome drive away awning that doubles the accomodation. We empty the rear into it and sleep on the floor. But I'm 'still' fitting it out with a bed that uses the rear side arm rests for support and slides forward (3 sections) to span the side doors gap. That should be somewhat warmer than the floor, which was ok for summer use anyway.
The convenience of it being a 2nd level is fairly obvious.
In truth it is a little high and it being perhaps 3" lower would be easier for getting on and off, while still allowing for storage below.

I've fitted interior tailgate LED's so the awning is lit. These are good for loading Mum in her wheelchair also. As they are wired to the interior lights I've still to fit an override so they can remain on for longer than 20 minutes if camping.

We cook in the awning with a camping stove. The pot cleaning is at onsite facilities. But that's only breakfast as other grub is invariably with pub booze.
The Vito is limited for space imo, so an inside kitchen is pushing it I feel.

Swivel seats I gave up on. I viewed that this would work for the passenger seat only as the drivers seat would need to navigate around the steering wheel. But as I have a central storage pod between seats, that gets full of many things and carries flasks for hot drinks, it is more useful than swivels.
So far I'm designing the bed to double as a table area using the removable rear captain seats to sit. They can later drop flat to support the bed that will slide forward over them.

We have a 9" Android HU (Chinese). A problem if a comand is removed is that the dash clock will no longer update, but otherwise they knock spots off Comand, and if the Vi never had Comand that's no issue anyway.
Small point but also an advantage if the Vi doesn't come with a phone pod (left of the steering wheel), 1 less obd page to pass through.

Something that is nicer is oem sunroofs, I've no experience of aftermarket. The cab just feels more airy.
If rear sunroof and fixed panel are fitted some black outs would need to be considered for sleeping, but I don't see that as being a big issue.

Maybe I can get to hear your audio upgrades some time. Comparing our Vi's could be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom