Vito 639 spax springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
A couple of week now since I fitted Spax springs to my Vito.
There are No negatives to report at all, carries the loads I use no problems looks so much better and the ride is very very good indeed, the at sea feeling has gone, but not harsh at all. :thumb:

Last edited:
Looks much better, I have been thinking of fitting lowering springs to mine but i'll wait until the warranty period ends. It would be good to reduce the roll in corners, that has got to be the worst part of driving a vito.

Mine handles very well ...minimal roll (for a van) :dk:

Have you declared the lowering to your insurance?

LOL could be. All I usually have in the back of mine is some kids and some dogs.

You don't think it rolls until you fix it, then you think, what was that all about!

Mine handles very well ...minimal roll (for a van) :dk:

Have you declared the lowering to your insurance?
Yes no problems.
I am with Adrian flux modified van insurance as the van is customised.
Wheels/ sounds/ trim/ springs/ paint/ etc.
No problems at all.

Vito lowering

Hi Zenman,

I was passed onto you after posting this thread:

Hi everyone, please help, I've recently bought a vito 111 and my wife last week bought me some 18" alloys which is great but my van looks like its on stilts, can you get vitos lowered?

The chap said that you recommend Spax?

Please help

Andy

We use H&R suspension. It's excellent quality kit and German made. If you want a price email me with your reg [email protected] We can fit and supply or just supply.

BlackC55 said:
We use H&R suspension. It's excellent quality kit and German made. If you want a price email me with your reg [email protected] We can fit and supply or just supply.

Hi Thank you for your info. Where are you based?

I have used H&R and are very good as said.
Spax vito springs come from Germany made under license anyway but avalable as a UK spring.
I have had 3 set's now on vito's and there great, no problems at all, buy direct from Spax.
It will transform the drive and look of the Vito.

I can't comment on any other spring but I've fitted LO springs 40mm on 20" rims and ride quality is fantastic and looks great too ha!

Ok it´s a different price range , but also a different league regarding the improvement of the handling and ride performance of the Viano an Vito 639/2 : The new Bilstein B14 Coilover Kit for the Viano + Vito my 2011 onwards. Very precise sporty handling but still with enough comfort. At my viano the Bilstein B14 also reduces dramatically the "cross-wind/ side-wind sensibility.
The german Mercedes Dealer + Tuner KTW also used this Bilstein B14 at his demo/ press Viano (Mercedes-Benz Viano by KTW Tuning )
I don´t know if it is available about Bilstein UK , but at the german ebay they cost around 1400 Euro.

hi theres some dude from finland l think that uses his w639 on track days with some serious suspension and speed,,, he runs a 120 in a handicap conversion vito. check out you tube. his the guy ask

Will be lowering mine in the next few weeks, how accurate are the spring suppliers discriptions? Is 40mm actually40mm? Has anyone measured before and after to check.
Thinking spax or H&R

hi the front dropped about 50 mm and the rear 45mm .. The front is a lot more noticeable than the rear... parked beside a standard sprung vito it is significantly lower . l had 17 inch wheels on, the rear l was running a taller tyre 60 series to fill the guard a little more . The front looks spot on. Now running 18/45/ series the front looks spot on . The rear needs a taller tyre say 50 series to fill the guard void (my opinion ).l will be fitting the rear next time around ,with out upsetting the speedo..l hope.

Generally the better quality springs such as H&R do lower the specified amount.

I'm liking the fact spaxx seem to drop that little bit extra. Will be running 19's, plan to do the drop and load my van with what I carry on a dy to day basis then decide on tyre choice. My local garage said they would order different tyre combinations for me to try to see how they look before I buy, which is awefully decent of them!
Van also goes in for body work next week so will get some before and after snaps, just need to decide on a rear spoiler now.

do forget to align the 4 wheels after lowering, a must and enjoy almost like hot hatch handling..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom