Vito ABS and Traction control (ESP) Warning Lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RajK

Car
Vito
Hi everyone,

I have a Vito W447, have the ABS and Traction control (ESP) warning lights (Orange colour) are displayed on the dash.
Sometimes when I switch the engine off and On the fault seem to clear and after awhile it reapers again when driving. Like to know if this something I can fix it by myself?
the display on the dash says, refer to the owners manual but the owners manual says take it to the nearest merc dealer workshop.

Please can someone help or advise me if this can be fixed and how it can be fixed.

Thanks

Funily enough I have the same problem on my W639 that I am currently working through. I have WIS and am in Bristol if you need a scan or any docs.

Funily enough I have the same problem on my W639 that I am currently working through. I have WIS and am in Bristol if you need a scan or any docs.
Thanks Mark, for the kind offer.
I took mine W447 to the garage for diagnostic and it came with no faults (at the same time all the warnings lights have cleared on the dashboard) but there were some old error codes which they printed for and they related to the right rear wheel sensor?
Errors are:
Component Rpm sensor of the right rear axle is loose
Air gap between component RPM sensor of right rear axle and the sensor rotor is too large. A magnetic interface field was detected.
They managed to clear all the old error codes and so far all seems to be fine. Maybe a glitch in the system somewhere.

I have not looked at the wheel sensor. Don’t know where this is located.
Does anyone know where this located on a W447 (Rear wheel). I can jack it up and check if it’s loose or anything.

If it happens again I’ll take up your offer Mark 😊
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom