Vito Alloy Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Awallis1989

Car
Vito
Awallis1989

Hi does anybody know if either 19” 8j Ey 35 with 225/45/19 tyres will fit my Vito W639? Or some Et 28 7.5j will? I know absolutely nothing about wheels so just need a bit of help thanks

There were 19" rims in the Viano range. The question is though the weight rating. If not correct would invalidate your insurance.

Awallis1989

Hi does anybody know if either 19” 8j Ey 35 with 225/45/19 tyres will fit my Vito W639? Or some Et 28 7.5j will? I know absolutely nothing about wheels so just need a bit of help thanks

Difficult to know for sure. I have a later W447 Vito and have 19" x 9" ET45 wheels and 245/45 tyres and they fit fine. Obviously I am not sure how much if any difference clearance wise there is between a W639 and W447 though. Comparing the 19" x 8" ET35 wheels you have suggested though would mean that your actual wheel face would be approx 3mm further in than mine, but the tyre face would be the same as mine. I had some rubbing with mine initially as my van was lowered, but I have since raised it back up at the front and it's fine (see photo with it raised back up at front). That said I would still prefer the wheels to be 5mm further in on the front. The most important thing though is what Marku has said to ensure the wheels are suitably load rated for the van. Most aren't!!!

IMG_7203 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Yup you need to fit both rims and tyres that are rated for the van's maximum gross weight. In terms of actually fitting, there's a chart of 'approved' sizes here although the offset isn't given for any of the Brabus wheels:

Note that the M-B 16x6.5 and 17x7 wheels are both ET60, so the offsets you mention (ET28 on 7.5 wide, ET35 on 8" wide) are a fair way off.

Finally check that your insurer is OK with non-factory wheels. Van policies are often much more restrictive on things like this than car ones - I asked the company my W639 was with and they said they would no longer cover it if I changed the wheels (regardless of load ratings etc.) ...

Yes totally agree, checking with insurance company is a must. Some insurance companies wouldn’t insure my van when I was looking into the wheel change. I’m with AXA and they were fine with a max 2” increase in size as long as they were suitably load rated of course.

People use ML wheels as they are weight loaded but also remember you also need tyres equally to match, i use 102xl on mine

I keep seeing E class wheels advertised as suitable for the 639, very possibly the seller means that they will go on w/o consideration to load rating.
I see a few 639's for sale with these wheels.

Are E class wheels suitably load rated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom