Vito Brabus sport lift kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barny192

Car
Vito Brabus Sport.
Hi folks,

I was wondering of anyone could shed some light on the handling characteristics of my Vito Sport if I added a 2" lift kit and some more grippy (light off road) tyres? I have the Brabus version and while it has a nice stance as it is, it is often impractical for anything other than an average British road. If I go into a field for a boot sale of to do some fishing I am often embarrassed by either the front spoiler scraping along the ground and breaking or not being able to get any traction from the rear wheels due to a blade of grass being to high ...... and having to enlist the help of passers by to help me push it to get it moving. Hence I have been considering fitting a lift kit and tyres but I am a little concerned on how it will affect the handling? also I will be towing a caravan and I wondered if any of you learned people can give me any advice? As always thanks in advance for taking the time to read my ramblings. Barny.

Hi
Rather than a lift kit (poss insurance issues) would it be easier to fit a standard bumper I had a sport X and yes you have to be very careful with the spoiler, (watch curbs in carparks). As for tyres if you still have the 18" wheels then it will need the 45 profile tyres to keep the Speedo reading correct. So you are then limited to the sportier tyres.
I now have the new shape Vito sport with 17" wheels and van rated tyres which are better on wet grass etc but no where near as good on wet roads.
You could get 17" alloys then tyre choices improves. Poss more insurance issues but if you got the normal vito sport wheels may be ok.

Hi
Rather than a lift kit (poss insurance issues) would it be easier to fit a standard bumper I had a sport X and yes you have to be very careful with the spoiler, (watch curbs in carparks). As for tyres if you still have the 18" wheels then it will need the 45 profile tyres to keep the Speedo reading correct. So you are then limited to the sportier tyres.
I now have the new shape Vito sport with 17" wheels and van rated tyres which are better on wet grass etc but no where near as good on wet roads.
You could get 17" alloys then tyre choices improves. Poss more insurance issues but if you got the normal vito sport wheels may be ok.
Hi Twonk, I had seriously thought about fitting a standard bumper after damaging the Brabus one last year, It would make e lot of sense as I like to go fishing a lot and even a simple grass field causes problems plus so much easier to buy a cheap replacement. Thank you very much for the tyre / wheel info. I do find it difficult to keep the grip on anything remotely slippy and I am always nervous when cornering at speed as to whether the **** end will step out. I'll take a look at some 17" alloys and a suitable tyre combo. Thanks again. Barny.

We have towed a 1500kg caravan with ours from new (17" factory alloys, Continental Vanco tyres), and have got into and out of some pretty wet & muddy events over the years without any problems. E.g.

mud2.jpg

FWD vans had more problems (with RWD the caravan noseweight gives more traction). This was the following year:

pic 00.jpg

The venue eventually flooded - we were able to drive out without assistance but lots of others needed help:

pic 04.jpg

pic 06.jpg

Finally an event we were at last year (that's our unit):

cap2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom