Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And the rust...
Hardly. As mentioned the 638 wasn't galvanised and was legendary for rust ... nearly as bad as the W210. 639s (apart from the very first ones) are galvanised, and have plastic front wings. And a 12 year bodywork warranty.

Nope - I still see her quite frequently and given that I can hear the surf from my house - have a tidal river outside, spent three years filling the thing up with damp wetsuits and boards she still looks good as new. Should never have sold it.

I had a Vauxhall Viva once that was quite rusty, so I wouldn't buy a Vivaro.

Hardly. As mentioned the 638 wasn't galvanised and was legendary for rust ... nearly as bad as the W210. 639s (apart from the very first ones) are galvanised, and have plastic front wings. And a 12 year bodywork warranty.

Is this where we have to pretend that all those rusty 639s don't exist?

Are the Vito rear seats reclinable?

Are the Vito rear seats reclinable?
The optional 'comfort' ones are (and there are two separate backrests on the 'double' seat unit), but the standard ones aren't.

The comfort seats have armrests on the two outer ones so you should be able to tell from adverts what is fitted.

If it were me, and low 20 empeegees were norm, I'd be looking to the land of the free and buying a top spec Dayvan with a rumbly V8 and LPG. :D

Spend the change on a 190E 2.3 Cosworth AND a 300CE.. then blow the rest.

Dodge RAM Dayvan | eBay

I took the plunge and bought this 120 Sport on Friday evening (collecting Monday when funds have cleared).

$(KGrHqEOKkEE5U,GqSO6BOcOflBG+Q~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqEOKikE5hCZM34iBOcOgGqiCw~~60_12.JPG

One owner from new. 08 Reg. 55,000 miles, leather, etc, but the deciding factor was, I know a lot of the staff at the Enza Commercial Dealership where it has been serviced (and purchased new), so I can ask questions.

It's a compact (I said I wouldn't buy one) but this Vito ran so well I had to buy it. The acceleration was very crisp, responsive and yet refined to boot.

I did test drive the Silver Brabus mentioned earlier in this thread once again, an hour before viewing the above vehicle and have to say that the Brabus ran poorly in comparison - the overfilled oil warning flashed up on the display though. :rolleyes:

I may put a Brabus front bumper on this Vito and I'll also buy the roof rails for it, but that's about it.

It will go to Hanstons approved MB repair centre in Altrincham for a professional body polish to remove the few light scratches which are commensurate with age and mileage and then have a good coat of wax to enhance the black paint finish. :cool:

I'm looking forward to driving this Vito!

Last edited:
That looks realty well Paul, now for the interior pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom