Vito Christmas upgrades...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG UN

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes Vito Sport,Mercedes CLK Brabus, Alfa Romeo Alfetta
Been fitting some of my projects over this Christmas period, managed to fit headrests with monitors and Vanity lighting which consists of both of the sun visor's with mirrors that have covers these act as the switch for the light!! Great addition and very easy to do both which makes a change!!
The vanity lighting just requires the 2 Sun visors, loom and the 2 lights!!
I got the headrests I bought with the monitors already in them!! So they really only needed connecting up!! Again easy...

ForumRunner_20130101_165202.jpg

Nice one Big Un ,
Did you get the visors from a breakers then ?

Any idea of the part numbers for the loom and the visors ???

Guess the screens will keep the little ones busy now then LoL

Nick

Not sure of the codes for the Sun Visor's but I'll sort the loom code out for u!! I think it cost less than a tenner!! My little un loves the screens mate, really pleased with them & the match is perfect to the interior!! Only problem is that I've had to listen to The Fantastic 4 god knows how many times since I did them!! Pmsl
Oh well keeps him quite I suppose!!

Thanks mate.

Just seen some visors on ebay for £35 each, but they are from a 2005 vehicle so prob trashed.

Where did you get yours from ?

Keep up the good work , and soon hopefully my work will begin LoL, not really had a moments peace since july really so have just been stockpiling goodies for when the time comes for me to begin work on it lol

Nick

Just got mine working, thanks for the part numbers Big un

get-attachmentaspx_zps32278772.jpeg

Hi Guys,

Not got a VITO, but interesting all the same, where did the loom connect, was there a socket there already?

a bit off topic

The reason I ask is I want to fit puddle light to my Sprinter doors which have the aperture for the light fitting which is in the door paneling but from what i can see there is no loom for the lights, If I was to install the loom do you guys think there would be a socket somewhere to connect it or would I have to go to the fuse box and start a fresh

sorry to hijack your thread

If you look at Zenmans posts about the puddle lights on the Vito , then new door controllers are necessary to enable them to be plugged in , then coding on star to make them work.

Not sure on the Sprinter, but it might be the same .

Nick

Hi Big Un that motor of yours is looking really spectacular looked gorgeous in the flesh when I saw it before Christmas at the curry do at clay cross, there can't be much left to do now can there ?

Hello mate, That's V nice of u to say but there's always something to do!! Just done the heated front seats, have some of the parts for auto lights & wiper's!! Plus a couple of other things in the pipeline!!

If you look at Zenmans posts about the puddle lights on the Vito , then new door controllers are necessary to enable them to be plugged in , then coding on star to make them work.

Nick

Can't seem to find Zenmans post, where is the door controller located ? is it behind the door card.

thanks

Yes mate when u take the door card off, u will see the control box in the middle of the door with all the wires coming from it!!

Yes mate when u take the door card off, u will see the control box in the middle of the door with all the wires coming from it!!

Thanks Big UN, :thumb:

But must admit when i tuck the door card off the other week a did not see anything, but perhaps i might of missed it, I only have electric window and speakers so perhaps i didn't need a controller not sure but will check again

, then coding on star to make them work.

Nick

Does the data card need updating before the coding ?

Well according to the EPC there is a control box, just don't remember seeing it

Last edited:
Yes mate, u need to tell them at Mercedes that u want a data card update, that takes a few days then get it booked in and they will update it on star!! On the Vito the door controller is set into the door itself!! If that's any help?

Yes mate, u need to tell them at Mercedes that u want a data card update, that takes a few days then get it booked in and they will update it on star!! On the Vito the door controller is set into the door itself!! If that's any help?

Thanks Big UN,

last time I asked about updating my data card they wanted to charge me £160 just for the connection to Mercedes in Germany,

Whilst I don't mind paying, £160 seem like a lot of money just to update my card

And once again guys sorry to hijack your thread

Last edited:
£160 I don't think so, I've had mine done 2 or 3 times and the only thing I've ever paid for is time it's on the Star machine!!

£160 I don't think so, I've had mine done 2 or 3 times and the only thing I've ever paid for is time it's on the Star machine!!

That's what one guy at the Derby MB dealers told me, He said they now have to pay for the connection for none essential work, i.e upgrade stuff, but this is when I asked about updating my data card when I installed a comand 2.5 in my sprinter, Think it really put there noses out of joint the fact that I was putting a comand in a sprinter, I got some strange look and a lot of that can't be done

But will ask again thanks

Last edited:
Is that at Mertrux in Derby Movieman ??

Thats where i was going to go, might not now if thats what they are wanting to charge. There are other MB commercial dealers in the midlands, may be worth trying them . I am sure Zenman will know how much it cost him from his local dealers in Coventry.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom