Vito cluster retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparky101

Car
vito 111cdi
Hi,
I am about to fit a hi-line instrument cluster in my vito i need some advice on mileage correction, Do anybody know(recommend) mileage correction company operating around the north norfolk area & what would be best, should i have the cluster set to the mileage of the original cluster or to 0000 before coding.

You will probably struggle to find someone to adjust the mileage.
I asked a few mileage adjusters and they said no and the MB main dealer tried for hours but just couldn't change the reading.
I thought it would be simple because I wanted the adjustment forwards from 44k to 68k.

I then discovered a someone in Chester and he did the wind-forwards in 15 minutes.
He had STAR Developer (not enough on its own I don't think) and a lot of other very expensive equipment.
The mileage is stored in the cluster, ECU, Key and somewhere else if IIRC.

Thanks for the reply, Ive connected the new cluster (second hand) in, same connector & no need to change any wires most things seam to be working just the miles read ---- just need to know which is best 0000 or original mileage

It needs to be set to 00000 and then when it plugs in it will read ------- until it goes on star for set up of the new cluster, the milage will then just pop up.
You will need to fit a new spiral and wheel with switch packs, and add wires for it to work or you cannot scroll the menu.

I have the airbag with switch pack just need the spiral & connectors & get the mileage set to 0, do i leave the new cluster out until i get it connected to star or is it ok to drive it with it in to the merc dealer

Ok you need the air bag on first with the 3 extra wires and the new spiral ring with the extra tail that plugs into the airbag switch pack.
This has all been covered on here.
Then fit the cluster and take it to MB for data card updating and set up.

Or buy far the best way, take it to Richard at comand on line and he will sort the lot in one go.
Well worth the trip, give them a call.

You must set the cluster to 0000 first.
I take it you have two round dials fitted now?

Or buy far the best way, take it to Richard at comand on line and he will sort the lot in one go.
Well worth the trip, give them a call.

You must set the cluster to 0000 first.
I take it you have two round dials fitted now?

I totally agree..
COMAND online are electronic Wizards.. I have travelled to them twice from near Blackpool !!
As you say well worth it.

No it is not fitted yet just swapped it out with the old one to see if it worked, didn't have to trim or rewire the plug at the back it just plugged in. everything seams to work (accept mileage) with no warning lights on. Looks a lot better than the low line dash

It is so much better, you must have the later cluster fitted.
All will work fine.
Give Richard a call.

going to fit the new airbag soon but have notice the yellow plug fits into the airbag connector two ways, asked at the merc dealer when picking up the spiral but they didn't know. Can anybody help on this when connected should the wire out of the plug point to the top or bottom of the wheel.
Thanks.

The right plug only fits one way.
Take a picture of what you have

Thanks for the reply all sorted now looked at pictures on the net & wis it was a yellow plug & would fit in both ways no lugs on the connector or socket, plugged it in with the wires coming out of the plug going down to the bottom of the airbag/wheel, buttons worked on the wheel with the new cluster just need to get the cluster set to 0000 & then coded in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom