Vito clutch change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unamatata

Car
Vito
i have a Vito 57 plate 109 with I think a worn out clutch I can change up & down & pull away with care but when driving in any gear any excessive acceleration results in immediate raise of rpm without an increase in speed these symptoms started after a week in a main dealer having the Sam sensor changed. The vehicle is now squeezed into my garage & im gonna fix it myself so am looking for advise & guidance on removal of gearbox & clutch slave cylinder/clutch release bearing.
Many thanks in advance

The gearbox & prop are relatively easy to remove with it being RWD, the clutch is the is expensive bit at £960 from Mercedes! You can get them cheaper but make sure you get decent quality as these vans push out a fair bit of torque. Its not a too difficult job as jobs go, just take your time with it .

Thankyou big un that’s reassuring to hear I’ll be sure not to be tempted by the budget brands are there any brands you could recommend or advise me to steer clear of.
Also can anyone point me in the direction of any how to do videos as I’ve not had much luck finding Vito specific subjects.
many thanks again
Phil

When i swapped mine i used a LUK clutch, which is a quality brand which im sure is what is used from the factory. My clutch has been in a while but ive had no issues with it..
Tbh i dont know of any how to videos unfortunately, i had a mate do mine for me.
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Thankyou again I’ll try to source an LUK replacement now gonna jack up & make a start Im feeling confident cheers.
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom