Vito Compact 111cdi injector removal tool yr 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Algieboy

Car
Vito 111CDI Compact
Hi Guys New to the forum so be gentle. Vito yr 2009 111cdi compact 2148cc
Looking for the correct mercedes vito 111 cdi injector removal tool.
I have enclosed a pic of the injector in situ.It had the dreaded black death syndrom and have spent two days getting this far.Looking at the correct tool for getting this injector out. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Any help or advice in getting this out will be much appreciated Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
After looking on youtube etc, every video is of a different type of cdi injector than mine.
It appears the top can be screwed off and a tool screwed into the body and pulled,but looking at my injectors the top body appears fixed on and I was wondering if there is a tool that screws on to the top thread of the injector and then using a slide hammer to knock it up and out or would that strip the threads on it.

There is one that is the same shape as the clamp that holds the injector into the head, it goes on to a slide hammer also.
Have you tried putting the clamp back on and leaving it loose, then turning the engine over to see if the compression might shift it.

That is a good idea. I would have tried that had I not broken the fuel return trying to get the injector out and diesel is now spraying everywhere as I found out when i started it to heat the engine up..silly wee thin piece of plastic so it is,now looks as if I will need to buy an injector when and if I get it out. Thanks for the tip though.PS can you tell me where I can buy the slide hammer for this injector.

Last edited:
CDI Injector finally out

Well after 3 days of trying to get this out I dont know wether it was a combination of soaking with wd 40, diesel or carb cleaner but I connected it all back up fired her up and managed to keep the spray from the cracked fuel return pipe to a minimum and let her tick over for 20 mins then went back to it .After a bit of persuasion with a spanner and a large srewdriver it started moving ever so slighty so kept at it and eventually out she came Yahoo result at last. As for the copper washer or what was left of it I eventually got it out using the hoover with an adapted end and slid into the injector hole and sooked it right out of there.Just waiting for parts now and fingers crossed no more heart ache.Should have stuck wi my fords as they are so easy to work on,but saying that it drives a lot better than my old mk7 tranny so we will see how it goes.Thanks to Bran C from lovely Dublin for the suggestion of firing it up as I suspect that may have been the straw that broke its back LOL

broken strech bolt

Got it all back together and Torqued to 7nm then a 1/4 turn then another 1/4 turn and snap... Bolt snapped, I will now have to try and drill it out .This is turning into a nightmare. Just hope i can get the damn bolt out and if I manage to do it I will only be turning it the one 90 degree this time.

Got it all back together and Torqued to 7nm then a 1/4 turn then another 1/4 turn and snap... Bolt snapped, I will now have to try and drill it out .This is turning into a nightmare. Just hope i can get the damn bolt out and if I manage to do it I will only be turning it the one 90 degree this time.
I've only just seen this thread, so sorry for not responding earlier.
I have exactly the same style injectors on my Vito, and was faced with the same leakage issue that you illustrated in your picture.
I searched for the correct puller tool (the one I had previously brought for my old 638 Vito was unsuitable).
Normally I do everything on my vehicles myself, however after considerable research, and reading loads of reports about people (& professional garages) damaging engines trying to perform this "simple task", I thought twice.
I had already removed all the black tar, but I decided to ask my local dealer to remove it for me.
That was 18 months ago, and recently the same injector started chuffing again. As their repairs are covered by a 2 year warranty they have just removed & re-sealed it again at no charge.

Regarding the snapped retaining bolt, two points that I recall.:
Firstly you MUST use a new bolt, & never re-use the old one. They are stretched by the installation method you described & if stretched once again may well snap.
Secondly the bottom of the hole that the retaining bolt goes into should be cleaned out, as there can apparently be accumulated detritus that can prevent the bolt from threading fully home.

Good luck.

snapped bolt

I've only just seen this thread, so sorry for not responding earlier.
I have exactly the same style injectors on my Vito, and was faced with the same leakage issue that you illustrated in your picture.
I searched for the correct puller tool (the one I had previously brought for my old 638 Vito was unsuitable).
Normally I do everything on my vehicles myself, however after considerable research, and reading loads of reports about people (& professional garages) damaging engines trying to perform this "simple task", I thought twice.
I had already removed all the black tar, but I decided to ask my local dealer to remove it for me.
That was 18 months ago, and recently the same injector started chuffing again. As their repairs are covered by a 2 year warranty they have just removed & re-sealed it again at no charge.

Regarding the snapped retaining bolt, two points that I recall.:
Firstly you MUST use a new bolt, & never re-use the old one. They are stretched by the installation method you described & if stretched once again may well snap.
Secondly the bottom of the hole that the retaining bolt goes into should be cleaned out, as there can apparently be accumulated detritus that can prevent the bolt from threading fully home.

Good luck.
I used a new bolt and washer from the mb Dealers and cut a deep x in the old bolt with a junior hacksaw like a cross on the bottom of the old bolt and used it for cleaning the bolt hole out.It was spotless all the way down to the bottom .It was the second 90 deg turn that snapped it. After doing some more research today I discovered that the general opinion is torque to 7nm and only do the one final 90 deg turn and skip the second as thats when it is prone to snapping.So anyone doing this themselves, do your homework first or you could end up like me with more work than you dreamt possible.O'well tomorrow is another day and I will see what happens
then.

I used a new bolt and washer ......
:doh: Very sorry if you found my post rather patronising then Algieboy, it sounds like you obviously know exactly what you are doing.

Nonetheless I believe I had no way of knowing you were so knowledgable from your previous posts. Therefore I decided that on balance it was better to inform you even if you knew, rather than not inform you if you didn't know.

Please accept my apologies. :cool:

apologies

:doh: Very sorry if you found my post rather patronising then Algieboy, it sounds like you obviously know exactly what you are doing.

Nonetheless I believe I had no way of knowing you were so knowledgable from your previous posts. Therefore I decided that on balance it was better to inform you even if you knew, rather than not inform you if you didn't know.

Please accept my apologies. :cool:
I certainly did not find your advice patronising in any way and i perhaps should have thanked you firstly for your advice and help to begin with.I am sorry if I came accross a bit harsh,i did have a rough day of it yesterday. My sincere regards and best wishes to you at this time of year. All The Best, Allan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom