Vito ECU Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

br0ke

Today my Vito went into limp mode and the ODB code is P0101.
In 18 months of ownership I've had 3 MAF's fail. It was OK for 2 months then the original MB one failed, which I think was a replacement as the van came with a spare MAF which didn't work either. The local commercial company who are not MB but very good cleared the DPF and put in a new aftermarket MAF that then failed after 5 months (2k mls). They replaced it under warranty but charged me £80 for the privilege. This one has now gone.
I have read the the OM642 engine knows that genuine MB parts are not fitted, and that is possibly the issue, but I'm getting a bit fed up with it.

I have read that an ECU remap can bypass the MAF readings and render it obsolete. I think I'll investigate that as a solution. I don't need more power, but won't say no if it stops this fault.

Has anyone positive experiences of remaps. It's not something I've ever done before, or felt the need to.

TIA

Got the remap done today. As he explained to me they didn't remove the MAF but moved the parameters that would be activated. Not really sure how or why, but the result is excellent.
Got my power back, plus some but delivery is much smoother and the van doesn't feel like it is being held back now.
EWL cleared and hopefully won't see P0101 again

As for MPG I'll have to give it a few months to see if it is the same better or worse.

Smart move - Any update on the MPH
The van is going great although I don't do big mileage in it. Much happier putting the money into a remap rather than another MAF.
Had it out today for approx 15 miles and got the usual 20mpg, but won't know for sure until I fill the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom