Vito electric windows are winding me up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur13

Car
Vito 109cdi 2007
My 2007 Vito have a few issues which i need to work my way through.

The windows are the most annoying issue i have at the moment!

When i flick the switch to wind the window up, the window will go nearly all the way up maybe with 10-30mm to go until it decides to go back down!! i have to try stop it exactly in the right position and its driving me mad!

How do i fix this issue?

Thanks

I had this when I fitted my genuine mb wind deflectors. Hold the switch up for a good 5 seconds after it has got to the top. This should reset the auto close system to that point.

I did what you said, I held the switch for 5 seconds when the window was up, and.. It didn't work?

Count yourself lucky that it does what it does Atrhur13. Fwiw my electric window switch only goes up & down when I'm on the button. It has no working auto-up or auto-down.

I wouldn't say i was lucky, I went out in the van this morning and the window still has the same issues as before but now it goes up and down randomly without me even pressing the button! it also went all the way down and wouldn't go back up and typically it happened to be raining! but after many attempts it thankfully came back up! Help me :(

If you can get it to stay up - pull the fuse for now , until you can get it properly diagnosed .

Lots of Vitos in the breakers yards now - so cheap secondhand parts are a possibility - I'd wonder if there is a control unit which has gone dodgy ?

Is it just the drivers one , or do they both act up ?

Maybe you cab swap switches from the other one if it is OK , just to eliminate that ?

If you can get it to stay up - pull the fuse for now , until you can get it properly diagnosed .

Lots of Vitos in the breakers yards now - so cheap secondhand parts are a possibility - I'd wonder if there is a control unit which has gone dodgy ?

Is it just the drivers one , or do they both act up ?

Maybe you cab swap switches from the other one if it is OK , just to eliminate that ?

Its both sides but the passenger side is not half as bad as the drivers side!

I've no idea , but on newer vehicles getting the fault codes read is usually the wisest course , otherwise you can end up blindly throwing parts at a problem .

The cogs for the winders are made out of plastic (!!!) so they wear and cause all manner of fun.

Iirc they aren't too dear from main dealer, no point buying second hand because you'll only have the same problem sooner.

The cogs for the winders are made out of plastic (!!!) so they wear and cause all manner of fun.

Iirc they aren't too dear from main dealer, no point buying second hand because you'll only have the same problem sooner.

thanks i might try that! are they easy to replace?

From memory just take the door card off and you'll see it, slightly fiddly but even I did it in the time it takes to drink a cup of tea...

Leccy windows

Sold these for 9 years so I should be right here.

Turn the ignition on (don't start engine) press and hold window switch down for about 8 seconds. Then hold it up until it's reached the top and for a further 10 seconds afterwards too.

For some reason they seem to forget their parameters every now and then.
This has sorted it loads of times for me.

Be also very careful as the design of the window switch is like a bowl so when it rains the water runs straight into the switch & the electrics which then causes problems. Also try spraying the window rubbers with silicone spray as they dry out which causes the glass to stick then it'll go down thinking a hand is in there..

Sold these for 9 years so I should be right here.

Turn the ignition on (don't start engine) press and hold window switch down for about 8 seconds. Then hold it up until it's reached the top and for a further 10 seconds afterwards too.

For some reason they seem to forget their parameters every now and then.
This has sorted it loads of times for me.

some times the windows need setting which I believe what Daffodi mention is how it is done.
I had this happened after servicing when battery was disconnected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom