Vito Engine Management Light - spent £1000 so far and it's still on!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

initialb

Hi folks,

I have a 2007 Vito 111 CDI

For some time now, my EML has been on, and my Vito has been down on power. A few weeks ago, I found a blown fuse in the main fuse box, and when I replaced it and took the car out - full power had returned and the EML went out. This was short lived, as a week later the light re-appeared and I lost power again. when I checked the fuse I had replaced earlier, it was fine.

I took the car to Mercedes, who put it on the computer and told me to change the EGR valve and the Air Flow Meter. I changed both of these, but the light is still on and I'm down on power. Interestingly, I still get full revs, just not full power.

The computer report from Mercedes also said there was a funny reading from the Lambda sensor, could this be a possible cause? The car has been de-catted as a previous turbo failure blocked the original cats, so I wondered if that would be the cause of the funny Lambda reading. I've spent a load of money on this already and I'm reluctant to keep throwing money at the problem.

Any suggestions greatfully received,

Brian.

Ok,

I bought an OBD2 port reader to see what faults remained.

The fault codes picked up were:

PO243 - turbocharger wastegate solenoid A malfunction
P0087 - fuel rail/system pressure too low
P0101 - Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem

P0243 was probably myown doing as I started the car with the wastegate connector off.

P0087 I have no idea about.

P0101 has me stumped as a new Mercedes MAF has just been fitted at a cost ofover £300.

I cleared the faults, and the EML went out, with almost full power returning to the car.

If I stop the car, turn off te ignition and leave it a while, when I re-start the car the EML is back on, and code P0101 is displayed on the code reader.

New MAF sensor, all wiring looks good...any ideas?

The live data needs to be checked. The codes help but it's not all the info.

hello, welcome and where are you, a recommended independent garage may be your best bet to sort this.

Probably because it was cleaning the injectors up.

I would be checking for gummed injectors and piston ring blow-by.

Same effect with REDEX i had, keep up with treatment and i smooths out nicely. Though after running throught the Renault 5 1.7 gtx i had the head off after and the supposed carbon removal didnt exactly wow me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom