Vito Engine Size advice???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AircraftHandler

Car
note
Hello here is my first forum post and i'm after info on the Vito.

Looking at buying one to convert into a campervan so has to be a LWB version with aircon but what i'm after is info on what engine size to go for?

Thinking the 111 model as i will be remapping it to give me efficiency aswell as a bit of performance.

Any sort of info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ty

Hi and welcome.

I cannot advise you on engine size, there are better authorities on such matters on here who will I hope.

One of my neighbours saw my Viano (extra long - I assume you can get extra long on the Vito too - length 5.2m) and said his buddy was looking to carry out a conversion of a Vito into a camper van. He had costed it up and it was cheaper than buying one off the shelf as it were.

He was lucky to have got one that originated in Centerparcs as their Vitos have a raised roofline providing more space, and extremely low mileage as you would expect.

All the best with it

Bladgb

Yup the Vito has 3 sizes - Compact, Long, Extra Long. Only the Extra Long is LWB.

If you are remapping it probably doesn't make too much difference as the 2.2s are all basically the same engine. I would avoid the 109 though as that has a lower ratio back axle.

The 3.0 V6 (120) is smooth, refined, and powerful and would be my choice if not doing much mileage (ours averages about 25 mpg). V6s all have auto gearbox and aircon as standard too.

Friend of mine has a late model LWB Vito semi-converted to camper van. Fitted with the V6 turbo diesel engine - he loves it!

If you plan on towing anything behind it then seriously consider the V6. Otherwise 111 and up will be fine.

I have a 113cdi on a 60 plate (facelifted) that drives very nicely with more than enough power (last time it was weighed it was grossing at 2500kg) for what you would need and returns approx. 32mpg in towns and 35-37mpg on a run, you could probably get more out of it if you were funding the fuel yourself! :)

Hi there thanks alot for all the info. Looking at a few 111's to convert.

Have there been any reliability problems with Vitos from 08-11 plates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom