Vito Facelift conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Twonk. Did your lights just plug into the existing sockets? Mine looks different when comparing the old lights with new one's. There is an extra wire for drl and the cables are also in different positions on the 2 plugs, so will spend some time and do the splicing as suggested by zenman63
I will try and post a pic here to see if it works
EB37FA8B-C256-4222-887F-B89E1D7530FC_zpsao65zjix.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I think what Twonk meant is he changed the van as opposed to altering it.

i assume your changing the bumper to accomodate the new headlights ??

Nick

Hmm, saw the cheecky comment when i read it again!
Yes I did the mod on the bumper and lights. As mentioned, still need to sort out wiring on the lights.
I still have to fit the Multispoke 19" Avantgarde rims as well
image_zpsad272a87.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps5415dfc4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is what the back looked like before the changes. I Also updated the rear lights and had a Brabus rear bumper spoiler fitted. It has been removed As i fitted a standard Viano 2012 rear bumper
imagejpg1_zpsad5fde93.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
imagejpg2_zps752ad793.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally got time to fit the 19" Multispokes today. Now have to sort out the lights. Started with the multimeter last night and traced the color and ground wires. Found that the brown (ground) on the old lights were split into 2 groups, which are different to the 2 groups on the new lights. I am trying to rather remove the pins from the plugs, as opposed to cutting and splicing. I have successfully removed about 6 pins from one of the new light's pins and will return to this task over the weekend. The plan is to swop them around to match the old fitting.
1CEB8085-CAFD-4DC5-B382-514AF62D52C2_zpshjjrqoer.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks good, just needs lowering now.

That's the sad thing, I just replaced the shocks at agents 2 months ago!
An update on the lights, i have removed all the pins from an old 116 light, in order to reposition them, but have not had a chance to clip them back in. I have been looking at the pin positions on the 116 light connector and are still not convinced that the 115 cable will fit, as the 116 conn has 12 pins and 115 cable only 10. I managed to track down a wiring harness from a wrecked 116, so i can cut the light connectors off and try and make a harness by sourcing some old 115 female light connectors for the other end.
We are leaving for our holidays on Saturday, so it will have to wait until the new year.

hi, sorry to revive an old thread, but i have just bought a 2008 vito that i plan to facelift as it needs some paintwork doing anyway. i know i will have to adjust the headlight wiring connections. but after they are adjusted would it be possible to run the xenon/ led drl lights from the 122?

thanks in advance

I am working on Bi-xenons for the face lift, there is more to it than you think, the bumper will need headlight washers and larger bottle etc, the wiring has to be made and a new light switch for starters.
Xenons need hight sensors front and rear and updated sam unit, the 900 range on, all new Sams have this from the dealers.
2 extra wires go to the sam from each headlight.
You also need the light control module etc so there is a lot to it.
I will have plug and play lights avalable soon from mine, no adapters needed.

There is cutting a lug off and drill one hole but thats just a tiny part of it.

no its easy, just a lot of extra parts needed, you can do it in a day easy.

Fwiw I actually prefer the "old look" of my 2007 model.
icon_redface.gif

:eek: I don't suppose any of you more fashionable gents has a nearside (passenger side) wheel arch liner left over that you may have discarded to accomplish this upgrade.?

Bumper mounts/ brackets.
plastic clips
Re wire the lights or buy the kit that rewires them.

I have a few pretty face lift bits left over so might have a wheel arch liner but they are cheap enough

If im not posting, then im retro fitting!! MBClub UK

Thanks for the link. I will try to do the splicing trick first. Not too worried about drl, but would like to keep headlamp height/level adjustment though. I was just concerned with the connections when i saw the plugs are different. I upgraded to New Viano Mirrors, rear Taillights. Viano seats and 19" Grand edition rims.

Hi did you manage to require the lights if so how please ? Help needed!

xenons

i was thinking of fitting xenons to my 2012 vito

has anybody done any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom