Vito Facelift conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i was thinking of fitting xenons to my 2012 vito

has anybody done any?

Not as far as I know. Although there are a couple of us looking at it because it isn't straight forward, the wiring looms are incomplete,there are extra wires & control boxes needed.

If im not posting, then im retro fitting!! MBClub UK

Did you buy them from Kabel Daviko ?? If so the instructions are pretty clear, the one wire goes to the front SAM unit which is under the fusebox and ECU in the battery box, However i dont think not connecting that one cable prevents the lights working as was under the impression that the extra cable is for the DRL only .

if you are planning on using the DRL you will also be needing a late year SAM unit to enable that function as early year models never had that feature.

Nick

Well theres always more to it.
Wings
Lights
Arch liners
Bumper
Wiring to lights have different plugs.
Paint work clips plugs etc.
Bonnet has same part number.
hi new to the forum i have got all the main panels for the vito facelift conversion i see on your post you talk about clips and plugs could you tell me what these are please i am body worker by trade and if i can put something back into the forum i will certainly try many thanks in advance

Zenman has sold his Vito so probably not on this forum any longer?

Hi, Welcome to the forum , The clips that are referred to are the plastic fixings for the wheel arch liners, bolts for the bumper , i believe theres some tape in there aswell. If you go to MB parts , then they will be able to tell you exactly what you need .

Nick

Hi sparkydude,how do i post pics up?i want to put some post up of the van i am converting but not sure on how to post?im think it might be that im a newbie,i have put some questions on for advice but i dont thin i have had any replies,what am i doing rong?thanks. gary

Hi sparkydude,how do i post pics up?i want to put some post up of the van i am converting but not sure on how to post?im think it might be that im a newbie,i have put some questions on for advice but i dont thin i have had any replies,what am i doing rong?thanks. gary

You need photo bucket for pictures

Ok will sort that thanks,has regarding my post nobody as answeared any not sure how i am coming across to others?i intend to show all of what i am doing with pics/video im not just trying to suck information from others without giving back all i want to know is some info on sertain things like the harness windows and air suspension,keep asking questions but nobody seems to want to help me case of billy no mates

Ok will sort that thanks,has regarding my post nobody as answeared any not sure how i am coming across to others?i intend to show all of what i am doing with pics/video im not just trying to suck information from others without giving back all i want to know is some info on sertain things like the harness windows and air suspension,keep asking questions but nobody seems to want to help me case of billy no mates

Thanks not the case its just that we have done that all the hard way and paid good money and drove miles for help.
Keep the questions simple and one ay a time.

Ok no worrys,i just thought thats what the forums where all about when you do a project asking questions helping others then posting what you have done to help others who need help thats how it works on the vw t4/t5 forum i have been a member on there for fifteen years,got answears to questions no problem enabling me to convert a panel van to full camper and heping others along the way thanks for your time.

What we mean is that most people do one retrofit or mod at a time , you are doing something out of the ordinary by swapping the lot over. Very interested tosee progress and how your getting on though as it may be of help to others.

Its not going to be an easy job, but at least you have two vehicles basically the same to swap between .

Nick

I have striped both vans removed dashes both harneses are out apart from one thats in the battery box then goes out the box and i think down left side of engine i thi k this could be for headlights etc,i have had to find within the harness the wires that go to the two pin connector at the acelerator also theres a plug at the side of the auto gearbox removed that to refit to other harness and also the harness that goes to gearbox where the o ring connector is also has a couple of wires that go to diagnosgics,so hopdfully just tape tie and tidy the harnesses and re fit,i can then get on with removing windows and refitting to the vito,also need to see if i can get pznels and rebond into the viano znd make a nice neat job ready to re sell,nice to have a positive reply cheers sparkydude

Please exscuse the miss spelling as i am writing on my tab and the kekboard letters are very small,i have to keep going back and correcting thanks

Sorry to hassle you guys. Been doing a lot of reading tonight about doing the facelift conversion.
I have a 07 vito and I’m looking to do the conversion ASAP, Ive been reading about the lights and how I’d have to re wire the new 639 lights in, is this correct? Has anyone got any drawings or pics that could help me ? I don’t need DRLs.
I saw someone say if you get the H7 639 lights the pins on the plugs are the same can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks a lot
Dale

Dale, If you read the thread you will see a link to a guy who sells a wiring adapter(£100+) if I remember correctly, that if you don't fancy making the loom yourself. I did have the wiring conversion layout but not sure where it is now tbh..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom