Vito Front passenger seat conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkUK

Car
Mercedes Vito 111CDI
Hi..

I have a Vito 111cdi 2006 and was thinking about changing from two passenger seats to one, can this be done and how?

4972f9ac.jpg

ec990df8.jpg

Hi Mark
Did you get an answer to the question of seat conversion. I also want to do it on mine.

Dead easy mate, but not a cheap upgrade.. I've done mine.. you need your new single seat, 2 single seat bases (Drivers harder to come by but keep watching Ebay) and all the trims that go around the base!! The single bases fit the same bolt holes as yours BUT your only problem you will have is the SRS cable under the double seat as it will set the warning light off on your dash, this will require a resister fitting, Then a trip to Merc to have the light taken off...

Anyone knows what resistor should I use? I've tried 2.8ohms but still fault came on.

3 ohm +, I fitted a 3.3 ohm in mine works fine... light went straight out but make sure that the wires don't touch on the resistor as you will keep getting the SRS light coming on...

If you remove the ground before taking the seat out and then fit the resistor No light will come on.
The seat will also bolt to the twin seat bace on the 4 holes.
Swap the base is the way to go and as Big un says ebay or £100 each new.
The rear floor needs work, ie cutting shorter and the front mat will also be short.

Tbh I was thinking to leave the base and fit the seat straight on.

You could do that mate but you have to remember that if you remove the rear cross member you will be removing some of the strength from the seat.. the single bases are much more substantial than those bases..

Hi all I am about to do the double to single seat convertion, could somebody please explain how you fit the resitor with regards to the SRS PLUG/WIRE would I be correct and just poke each end into the wire from the loom.

Picking this thread up again. I have tried a 3k5 and a 4k3 across the terminal. Srs light is still on. Any advice?

Thanks

You have obviously taken apart the yellow switch under the seat with the ignition on which has caused the SRS light to come on. You will now have to take it to someone with Star who will be able to urn the light off as long as the resister is fitted.

Hi, just new to the forum, purchased a 59 109cdi a few months back and I am looking to do the opposite, go from two single in the front to a drivers and a double passenger. Question is, do I need to get a double base or is it a bolt on bolt off job? If there are any could someone point me in the direction of a how to my searching has produced no joy.

Thanks

Robert

There is a slight difference between single & double bases but you will also need to fit the bar that fits across from B pillar to B pillar which acts as a brace & the seat bolts to it. Not too bad a job tbh

If im not posting, then im retro fitting!! MBClub UK

Isn't there a SRS connection on the single passenger seat that would connect to the one left behind by the double? Failing that, can the SRS parts be taken from the double and transferred to a single?

There isn't a SRS switch on my Single seat so you have to place a resistor in line so the dash light doesn't come on! Not sure how big a job it is to retro fit all the srs wiring but I'm sure it can be done..

If im not posting, then im retro fitting!! MBClub UK

Double to single front seat Vito

I'm learning as I go along with a Vito camper conversion. I am hoping to convert front double to a single seat. I have purchased bases and single seat.

I'm a little worried about srs light coming on.

1st hopefully not too stupid question! - my Vito does not have a passenger airbag so will it still have the same wiring?

Can you recommend a seat occupancy sensor as there are lot of different ones on eBay with varying prices.

Is anyone aware of any ' How to step by step videos on YouTube that could assist me?

I've learnt a hell of a lot from reading your posts so thanks

hi mate ive just bought a vito but its had the 2 seat conversion done . mine is a 2002 so prob easier conversion to do no pass airbag and seat belt sensors .I'm just learning on the thing but ive had experience modifying cars in the past so someof the basic stuff I'm sure ill come across

Hi,i have the vito 116 chi and want to swap the single seat for a twin seat,but the single seat has 2 plugs under the seat,and the double seat has a double plug. Can anyone help?

Hi,i have the vito 116 cdi and want to swap the single seat for a twin seat,but the single seat has 2 plugs under the seat,and the double seat has a single plug. Can anyone help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom