Vito glow plug relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yes it switches off when it should after the initial heat up then comes back on when the engine is on and stays on

Is it possible that the new part number plugs have to be used with the new module ? I think there is something about new/old different numbers etc. Maybe check with dealer ? Also check voltage to plugs when it switches on. Just to make sure your not missing a feed.

A duff glow plug can fry the relay unit. They may show the correct resistance but they can still be bad.

I had one the other day with this issue. Replaced 3 glow plugs in total and it fried 3 relay units tring to find the bloody problem.

I hope his new unit isn't cooked . Best then to take them out and test them. My dad always told me to test them before fitting.

vito relay

if this relay blows will it limit the revs to 3000 and put in in limp?

A duff glow plug can fry the relay unit. They may show the correct resistance but they can still be bad.

I had one the other day with this issue. Replaced 3 glow plugs in total and it fried 3 relay units tring to find the bloody problem.

Yes my sprinter did the same, one glow plug had shorted internally i replaced all glow plugs and the light was still on which meant it took the relay out aswell.
one new relay later and all was fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom