Vito Heated seats retro fit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i did try turning them around but they wouldnt fit, so do i just unclip the plastic cover and turn that around then? there soooooooo heavy!!!

with the mirrors i guess i need to go to the breakers where the viano is to get all the parts.

thnks for your help, nice to see somebody else who cant just leave things as standard!!!! have you got any pics of your van?

I will dig some pictures out.
I would forget the used Viano mirrors and get new face lift electric folding and there not that bad, £130 each, and the new drivers door switch £80
As Big un says we have looked at the Viano mirrors and there beat up, crack's etc.

You will struggle to find decent Viano wing mirrors in a breakers as I know from my own efforts in searching for some, they are expensive from the dealers I think around £200 each!! You will find there are a few of us modding our Vans on the forum with various projects but you will see Zenman is the man who leads the pack regarding retro fits... But have a look round there are plenty of things people have done!! But be warned its addictive!!!

im a carpet cleaner by trade, trust me, the carpet cleaners forum is alot more addictive!!!! (yyyyaaaawwwwwnnnnnn!!!!):D

£200 each new! thats good! i would say £400 if i had to guess!

ive been trying to get hold of a brabus front bumper for months now, there like rocking horse poo!!! i went on holiday for two weeks, and my friend managed to buy one on ebay for £200 jammy git!!! bits second hand are so expencive, i want a 3rd row of seats jeeeeeesssssssuuussss they go for nearly a grand!

go into my album and see my vivaro, or put vxr vivaro on youtube! that thing sucked my money, once i start thinking with an idea in my head, i cant stop until my vision is complete!! oh and excuse the wheels on the vivaro, i had 20" rangerover sport wheels to go on, but the van got smashed up the next day these pics where taken!!!

No the seats will swap around no problems there.
Mirrors, you will need door controllers, wiring harness, mirrors, switch pack and star coding.
All easy enough, harness is cheap, door controllers over £100 each and the part numbers Must be right or they will not work.
Mirrors just bolt on and wires just plug into the door controllers in the door.
Switch just swaps.
Well your there do the door handle FZ8 and LB9 lights in the door card.

I take it the same applies to a Sprinter? Would like to get electric & heated mirrors soon.

My dealer doesn't even know if it is possible, and has sent an email to MB, but a week later still no update. However I'll probably just buy all the parts and just get my local indie to fit them.

I now finally have the genuine mercedes plugs that will replace the after market heater pad plugs to fit the genuine mercedes harness.
Anyone interested PM me.
DSC_7117_zps47454472.jpg

Picture is the full set needed, you can see the plugs and pins, one has a tail just for testing the pins.
Front harness is custom built with MB plugs and the colour wire is correct.

Last edited:
Just the plugs are £20 a set.
Harness £40
Carbon Seat pads £60 Both seats.

Just finish swapping the plugs on mine, all done and works a treat.

Just the plugs are £20 a set.
Harness £40
Carbon Seat pads £60 Both seats.

Just finish swapping the plugs on mine, all done and works a treat.

That's not bad. It is still on my to-do list, just got to find the right parts and someone who can fit it for a reasonable cost.

Nice one Ian , i knew your dogged persistance would get you there in the end .

How much we looking at for a harness made up for a vito with a dual front seat ? I am guessing the harness is the same but the pads would be bigger for the passenger side, however would it be an option to just have the passenger side heated and leave the middle seat unheated.

Let me know

Nick

Nick you could do the twin seat as one unit, but that seat comes apart, the base is a separate item, it could be done with two large pads or better with 4 small pads and an extra socket.

Hi Zenman63,
Ive just found this thread as im thinking of fitting some heated seat pads to my Brabus Xsport.
Is there anychance of you sending me the photos as i cant get them on here.
Thanks

Hi Zenman63,
Ive just found this thread as im thinking of fitting some heated seat pads to my Brabus Xsport.
Is there anychance of you sending me the photos as i cant get them on here.
Thanks
What photo's are you after??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi BIG UN,
I am after any photo that shows where to get the switched live from.
I will be placing my seat switches at base of seats and not on dash but need to know the best place to get my live from and the routing of cable.
Thanks

I've just bought a Vito which has had the sport X leather seats swapped into it. The van itself is wired for heated seats and has the buttons on the dash, but the seats that have been swapped in aren't heated. Can zenman63 or anytime else advise on what night be needed to try and retro fit the heated seat element to the sport X seats?

I realise this thread is very old now, it came up as one of the top results when I googled it!

I've just bought a Vito which has had the sport X leather seats swapped into it. The van itself is wired for heated seats and has the buttons on the dash, but the seats that have been swapped in aren't heated. Can zenman63 or anytime else advise on what night be needed to try and retro fit the heated seat element to the sport X seats?

I realise this thread is very old now, it came up as one of the top results when I googled it!
You just need the heated pads, sounds like everything else is there. About £15 a pair on eBay, a pair does seat base and backrest so you’ll need two pairs.

You just need the heated pads, sounds like everything else is there. About £15 a pair on eBay, a pair does seat base and backrest so you’ll need two pairs.
Thanks colinallcars. Any recommendations for the heated pads? I'm guessing they won't be Mercedes ones from eBay, I'd like to plug into the original wiring harness if I can so does anyone know the part number for the plugs?

Many thanks.

Thanks colinallcars. Any recommendations for the heated pads? I'm guessing they won't be Mercedes ones from eBay, I'd like to plug into the original wiring harness if I can so does anyone know the part number for the plugs?

Many thanks.
Carbon element pads work well and are easy to fit, Mercedes pads are very expensive by comparison. I’ve fitted them to various cars over the years, most recently as a replacement for a failed original in the B Class. I used aftermarket connectors but you could source OEM ones if you’re particularly bothered, remember they’ll never be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom