vito led upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbs44

Car
Vito W447 Van
Anyone out there know anything about upgrading headlights on a Vito W447 to the full LED version which are on the V-Class? I tried calling MB to find out if its possible and they just told me that MB wouldn't allow them to tell me if it was possible or not???? I do know its possible as I brought some alloys off a fella who had done it on his van but with aftermarket versions and I remember him saying that they were just drop in replacements.
So I started my search on eBay but there seems to be quite a few part numbers available which all seem to do the same thing. So does anyone know what part numbers I should be looking for? I want the full LED with the 'slash style' daytime running LED's with the indicators which 'scroll' up and down.
Also I might be able to get some from a colleague in Germany but again I wasn't sure if these would be the same lights as on the UK spec vans, is there an adjustment for UK/Cont EU driving?
Hopefully someone out there can lift the lid on what MB seem to think is their secret!!

Anyone out there know anything about upgrading headlights on a Vito W447 to the full LED version which are on the V-Class? I tried calling MB to find out if its possible and they just told me that MB wouldn't allow them to tell me if it was possible or not???? I do know its possible as I brought some alloys off a fella who had done it on his van but with aftermarket versions and I remember him saying that they were just drop in replacements.
So I started my search on eBay but there seems to be quite a few part numbers available which all seem to do the same thing. So does anyone know what part numbers I should be looking for? I want the full LED with the 'slash style' daytime running LED's with the indicators which 'scroll' up and down.
Also I might be able to get some from a colleague in Germany but again I wasn't sure if these would be the same lights as on the UK spec vans, is there an adjustment for UK/Cont EU driving?
Hopefully someone out there can lift the lid on what MB seem to think is their secret!!
Theoretically yes, anything like this is possible but it invariably means retrofitting more than just the lights in order to remain legal and hence pass an MOT. It’s certainly not just a drop in replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom