Vito Mk1 Side Doors Leak!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxsta

Car
Vito
Evening all,

First of all, I'm new here so hi :D

Secondly, I've recently purchased a mark 1 Vito which I'm slowly renovating. My question about the side doors is this. They don't quite sit flush to the bodywork as you look at them the top right corner (on passenger side, top left on drivers side) sticks out a little and when you close them you can see a slither of sky between the door and the seal. Obviously this causes leakage which is not good!

Is there any way they can be adjusted or is it likely to be the seals that need replacing?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Glad you asked this as I have same problem.
Looking at it today I was seeing if I can bend top corner of door in as this worked on my daihatsu hijet!
I noticed that there is a locator half way doow door pillar was going to see if I could adjust in to make the door go into it differently.

Yes, seen that too but I couldn't see how it would bring the top of the door in. So thought I would ask the question on here in the hope that someone far more knowledgeable would have the answer :)

I thought the same. I also wondered if it may have something to do with the door runner on the inside of roof. Have you got windows on sliding doors?

No windows on mine. Just straight glass.

I'm hoping someone can help. If I'm going to fiddle, I'd prefer it if it was informed fiddling!!

Just done a google search. To no avail. Hopefully someone will reply soon.
I

Come now! Someone must have adjusted their vito sliding doors at some point!

OK since you have had little response I will try to remember how I fixed mine a few years ago now.
The door hangs from the top runner like a curtain and the guide rail track at the side just stops it flapping about.
To shut, the latch is towards the rear and I adjusted this first so it would close easily just compressing the seals first.
Then if you consider the door is like a solid bar if pushed out at the bottom it will move in at the top and vice versa.
So it has 2 plastic shoes, for want of a better description, on the van body that engage with a tab on the door frame top and lower.
I am not sure if the door tabs are adjustable but the shoes are. From memory I adjusted the lower first then the upper to get the door flat with the edge of the cab line. Then slowly tapped each one in by the same amount after just loosening the fixing screws until the door fitted well then tightened up.
You have to be careful as sliding the door too hard to shut can crack the shoe if not aligned which is why I was messing with mine since one was broken.
It is just trial and error to set up right but I remember at one stage I was so tight with the adjustment that I had to guide the front of the door into the shoes while pushing on the latch end to close.
I don't agree with bending the door something else is not in alignment or worn.
Good Luck
Don

Worth the wait.

I'll give that a try.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you for the info.
Glad somebody was reading a few day old posts.
I am amazed at how many posts there is a day here.
I will try it when it gets hotter, shall we say july?

Very much worth the wait. Cheers alot it worked a charm.
Only problem is I found I need to replace the bottom door roller as the large one door runs on has a flat bit so door has dropped and has broken the female housings on the door. But thats on its way on monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom