Vito not showing outside temperature.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike2909

Car
C220 Sport Estate , Vito 639 , ML270
I have tried to follow the handbook procedure to hanger my standard display to show the outside temperature. When I get to instrument cluster it doesn't give me the option to change the digit speedo to outside temperature. The digital speedo shows in kph. Could someone explain to me what I could be doing wrong with? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I have tried to follow the handbook procedure to hanger my standard display to show the outside temperature. When I get to instrument cluster it doesn't give me the option to change the digit speedo to outside temperature. The digital speedo shows in kph. Could someone explain to me what I could be doing wrong with? Thanks in advance.

I should have stated it is a w639. 2013 with steering wheel buttons.

Outside temp isn't usually on the cluster from the factory, it normally has to be coded in for you to have it. Same as with a lot of the alterations...

Does that mean a trip to the dealer to have that coded in? What other alterations can be added or made?

Dealer wont do it as legally you have to have both mph and kph displayed. You will need to find someone with STAR who is happy to do the coding.

Does that mean a trip to the dealer to have that coded in? What other alterations can be added or made?
Where are you located?

COMAND UK in lightwater are excellent

There aren't massive amounts that can be added without a complete retro fit. And that's when it starts getting more complicated & more expensive..

The Vito has the board computer, but a few of the functions can't be called up. So I assume they are not programmed either. The temperature gauge is a handy feature to have so I will try and find a good indy.
I am based in Scotland so the choice is not so big. Thank you for the advice it is appreciated. I have just upgraded from an 04 Vito to this one.

BE CAREFUL!!!! Once you start upgrading, it can quickly turn to retro fitting then a whole new world of Spending will come your way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom