Vito panel van roof ply lining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying start

Car
Vito
Hi all
Anyone ply lined there roof of the panel van
I'm needing some tips all the sides are done just need the roof done

I'm thinking of 3m ply the carpet that then fix it to the roof some how

Anyone kindly post some pics if you've done this
I'm also going to fit 4 led spot lights in the roof lining and wire them to the light that's there

Any tips guys just not sure how to did it up there

Someone posted a little while ago about ply lining and recently about led rood lights. If you search the forum using 'vito ply' and vito led' there won't be many hits so should be easy to find.
I think it was Kofidee who did some ply work in the rear.

Or just buy a cheap second hand roof lining and cover it with the same cloth.

Been on the look out for a compact lining
As that would be better

Thanks guys

I did a google search on "mercedes vito compact lining kit" and six different UK companies came up on page one, all mentioning the compact. This place does stretchy lining material Lining Carpet - so you can cover the ply…….easy to work with too.

You can cut and shut a roof lining from long to compact as its the very last part that changes and when its re coved you will never know, I have done one.
I can get the same cloth as the front.

Thanks for the info guys but I've just decided to make a template of both edges out of cardboard, and just cut round the bolts for the roofrack

Ill then space out 6 led touch lights to wire into a relay and leisure battery

Rapped in the same carpet as I've used to cover the side panels and metal work
Just a shame I can't post pics as I don't have a laptop just my mobile

It's looking good now and warmer lol

You can cut and shut a roof lining from long to compact as its the very last part that changes and when its re coved you will never know, I have done one.
I can get the same cloth as the front.
Where would I be able to get the matching roof lining cloth ?

Where would I be able to get the matching roof lining cloth ?

Google is your friend. Search on something like "vehicle upholstery" or "car interior lining" and even "car sound deadening material".

I found a guy local that is a dealer for the original Mercedes cloth for head lining and seats.
I retrimed my old 120 Vito and it just looked new and original.
You cannot buy it direct as an end user but its cheap enough.
I will come back with his number.

This is the german company but you cannot buy from him.
WEST TRADING

But through a dealer I can get all you need.

The problem you will find is the rear is Very wide and needs 1800mm wide, I can get this like I say in factory colours.

Hi,

I don't know if you have managed to get anywhere with your van or managed to finish the roof.

http://s75.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=/albums/i307/fentoozler89/Van/image_1.jpeg

http://s75.photobucket.com/component/Download-File?file=/albums/i307/fentoozler89/Van/image.jpeg

I bolted 2x4's to the already threaded bolt holes in the cross members of the roof. (You could just use self tappers)

I then cut the ply 150cm x 70cm which gave a rough guide of the size of the roof, or half of the roof as I am doing this in two pieces. I then placed it on top of the roof, as in the exterior and used the shape of the van to mark out my next cut. (Scribing) The van isn't far off square, especially if you're covering it with carpet. There is a few awkward cuts towards the front of the van but use cardboard as a template then transfer that to plywood when you get it right then onto your final sheet.

Masking paper is also very good for making templates.

I plan to carpet my roof and I have some spot lights to install, maybe today if the weathers nice!

Hope this has helped.

Antony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom