Vito passenger seats (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjhayes

Car
vito
Hi guys

Have purchased single seat bases and seat etc to do a passenger seat conversion on my w639 vito - I can't seem to lift the passenger seat cushion to gain access to bolts to remove the seat.

What am I missing ??? It feels like the seat cushion is somehow locked in place very frustrating

Please help

Does it lift at the front edge first? That's how it is in the Sprinter.

Now of course the next question regarding the SRS - do I just poke the two resistor ends into the yellow connector or is it more technical than that - I am a complete newbe to all of this ???

Now of course the next question regarding the SRS - do I just poke the two resistor ends into the yellow connector or is it more technical than that - I am a complete newbe to all of this ???
I don't know the answer to that (although your approach seems probable)
However...

Do NOT under any circumstances start & use the Vito whilst the seat is unplugged.

I did.:wallbash:
Doing so will trip the SRS fault circuit. A big red SRS light on the dash will light & it is "impossible" (?? ) to correct yourself.
I had to take mine to the main dealer who bent me over, just to plug their computer in & turn it off.
Annoyingly I think they also switched off my seatbelt warning system at the same time, as I don't get warned to fasten up & nor do my passengers.

Just to say thanks for all the help - and a little advise - today I fitted the 3.3 ohm resistor (literally disconnected the battery and pushed the resistor ends into the yellow female SRS connector the secured with electrical tape) worked perfectly no SRS light and all working well

Fortunately this thread is titled correctly - seats again!

Afternoon all - I'm looking at buying a W447 Vito panel van for work, there are some good ones with the right spec for me/us but they all have twin seats (Driver and passenger) and ideally we'd need a bench seat for two passengers.

Trying to get through to anyone at a Mercedes dealership isn't easy let alone someone who might have some knowledge on this, wondered if anyone could help.

I would need a box section for the bench seat or a box section for both driver and passenger bench seat. In doing this job I might set off a fault code or (I've been told) in fact end up having to disable the passenger air bag.

Should I manage to do the job, do factory Vito's with passenger bench seats have 1 or 2 air bags - would I invalidate insurance, does the work need to be done by Mercedes to be compliant.

Already seems like a lot of work - be interested if anyone has done the job to a newer Vito

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom