Vito roof bars (w639)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pfarre10

Car
Vito 113cdi blueff
Hi all,
quick one for anyone with a proper roof rack.

I fitted some chrome (effect) roof rails a few weeks ago, I personally prefer the fake one's as the genuine are black.

Anyway was looking at "ulti bar" products. Proper cross bars which mount to the same holes I've already used on the roof for the rails.

I was looking at buying standard cross bars that fit to my rails, but have noticed there might be a chance these ulti bars may mount under my rails as they appear to have an "L" shaped foot.

Obviously that'd be much better as my rails prob wont be that strong, just for show really.

That would let me fit a quality strong roof rack system that i can buy a rear roller for, yet keep the stylish side rails for lashing and appearance.

Anyone tried this, or some variation?

Cheers

Paul.

Alright mate
Sorry to ask you this but where did you buy the rails from?
I'm looking to buy some for my compact.

Alright mate

There are plenty of options for aftermarket versions via Google and Ebay. Much cheaper than the genuine ones (£400) but no idea how good they might be. I opted for genuine ones on my compact.

Hi all,
quick one for anyone with a proper roof rack.

I fitted some chrome (effect) roof rails a few weeks ago, I personally prefer the fake one's as the genuine are black.

Anyway was looking at "ulti bar" products. Proper cross bars which mount to the same holes I've already used on the roof for the rails.

I was looking at buying standard cross bars that fit to my rails, but have noticed there might be a chance these ulti bars may mount under my rails as they appear to have an "L" shaped foot.

Obviously that'd be much better as my rails prob wont be that strong, just for show really.

That would let me fit a quality strong roof rack system that i can buy a rear roller for, yet keep the stylish side rails for lashing and appearance.

Anyone tried this, or some variation?

Cheers

Paul.

I have seen that done on a Transporter. Assuming you can get cross rails to fit, I don't see why they wouldn't be alright with slightly longer mounting bolts.
I suppose the only issue would be that the mouldings/mountings for the parallel rails will sit proud of the roof rather than flush because the L-bracket for the new cross rails would need to be under them.

I have seen that done on a Transporter. Assuming you can get cross rails to fit, I don't see why they wouldn't be alright with slightly longer mounting bolts.
I suppose the only issue would be that the mouldings/mountings for the parallel rails will sit proud of the roof rather than flush because the L-bracket for the new cross rails would need to be under them.
Yeah that all i can think that'd mess it up.

Think I'll go to a stockists and have measure.

Either way I'm sure i could knock something up.

cheers

paul.

Alright mate
I got them from trade van accessories ebay store.
Very happy with them and under a hundred quid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom