Vito scn (variant coding) 2005 109

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chopper746

Car
vito
Hi All,

New to the forum so if this is in the wrong section i apologise. Long story short my uncles vito had a an ecu fault which when sent too ecu testing and was unrepairable. Not wanting to scrap the van i got him a used ecu kit from ebay. Fitted this and it now runs and starts all ok been using for a couple of months now as he desperately needed it. In the kit that i brought the airbag ecu was different to the one on the van ( part number and multiplug/mountings) and i was not supplied with the abs module. Upon contacting the seller regarding trying to get the abs module he had apparently sold it. When code reading obd using a delphi scanner both abs and airbag need variant coding obviously to match cdi unit ezs etc. So basically i need to (scn) variant code both abs and airbag i would like to also code the other keys we have so we have a spare and if possible adjust mileage. his vans done 107k and the instrument cluster fitted has 155k. I have a geniune mercedes star scanner at my work but i do not have online xentry nor offline access for scn coding as the company i work for doesnt really need it. So my question is can any body point me in the right direction to move forward, i.e someone who can match the control units or a way to obtain offline xentry access ? Any advise would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Ross

Really admire what you have done so far but I think MB guards what you need pretty well. I would think your best bet to approach an MB commercial dealer to do it for you. I have found them quite friendly unlike the car dealers.

The cluster is easy to fix the milage, first it needs setting to zero and then when reinstalling with wis you can update to the correct milage stored in the vans ecu and it will pop up correct.
SCN online coding is the way to go with it, much quicker and should overcome any issues.

Thanks, for the responses, even if i can just code abs/esp for now to remove dash lights. Are you aware if i need developer mode for coding of those modules via das. I have looked while plugged into a 518 that it could be it said it recoded up to 15 times but didnt go any further. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom