Vito seat removal for battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael M

Can anyone help me please? I have found the battery on my Vito van under the driver's seat how can I remove the battery to replace it ? Michael

Not sure on vito but 08 sprinter seat base tips forward then remove a plate on the floor to access battery.

Lynall

Battery in my Vito is under the passenger seat (don't know about removal though).

Thanks for the help - the van is Portuguese so I guess the driver's seat would be the passengers in the UK. I'll keep trying!

I thing removing the seat makes it much easier.

Vito Battery Removal

The battery on the vito comes out through the side of the seat base ( after removing the plastic side panel). You unclamp the battery leads by sliding the seat forward, and reching through the top. the battery is clamped at the bottom of the battery with a single bolt (13mm I think) remove the bracket after removing the bolt. Then slide the battery out sideways.
djl

Unfortuneately I have a Lhand drive version and the battery is under the drivers seat - there is a side panel but not large enough to remove the battery through . The top panel is easily removed but the seat prevents the removal of the battery (Having inclined it forwad and pushed the seat to the front) - I'm sure there's a trick to this but so far it beats me!!! However thanks anyway. MM

Vito Battery Removal

Hi Michael,

I have similar problem. Did you succeed in removing the battery?

Indisto

Can anyone help me please? I have found the battery on my Vito van under the driver's seat how can I remove the battery to replace it ? Michael

Hi michael,
its dead easy, the passenger seat will lift off and you can then see the battery underneath, disconnect the two terminal connections, then there is only one bolt, an 8mm with a 13mm head, holding down the bracket which wedges the battery down via a plastic protrusion on the base of the battery, this is gotten to by removing the plastic seat side pannel.
the battery will then slide out to the side although its a bit tight.

On my W-reg Vito (RHD) it had a twin passenger seat set up, if you lifted the seat pad (the bit your butt sits on)at the front it would rise about 2-3 inches on hinges and then if you reached under the seat pad at the rear (where the seat belt release is) you could lift the seat pad upwards and forwards pivoting it on the hinges at the front, this gives you full access to the battery.

alexcaley

Thanks swannymere , i did not ask the question but your answer solved my problem, alex.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom