Vito single seat coversion.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wilsbrough

Car
Vito W639
Hi.

Hopefully a quick one. I fancy getting rid of my double front seat to replace with a single (w639). Wanting to take the easy option and leave the double base in and make some sort of cubby/drink holder out of it. I read somewhere there are seats with the same bolt pattern? As I would like something a bit different than Vito seats, (obviously wanting to swap the drivers seat also so they match) does anyone know if there are other seats in the mb range that are a straight swap? Or is it wishful thinking? 😅

Thx

A lot of the seats will need adapting, pretty sure u will have to drill the rear hole to mount many Mercedes car seats

I've fitted early ML and Volvo XC60 seats, so I could enjoy electric, one had heating that the van hadn't had, and more comfort.
Both took a fair bit of adapting, even ignoring the wiring mods.
Another point to consider is that sometimes the seats are fatter bases, so reduce the space for knees.

For simplicity you might look at later 639 or even 447 seats (although I can't be sure the 447 seats would be a straight exchange).
The 2014 seats in mine are more comfortable than the earlier standard seats were.

Time for a chat perhaps.

I bought a 2 drawer plastic unit off eBay,
added a tray to the top,
2 cup holders up front.
It could look nicer I admit but it's functionality is a must for me.

Attachments

• DSCN1600.JPG
    DSCN1600.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN1601.JPG
    DSCN1601.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 7
I've fitted c class w205 seats to my vito 639, not to much to modify, bit of filing of the new seat runner front mounting holes to be able to pick up the original base bolt holes (1/4" difference width wise) and 2 holes to drill in the van base for the rear bolts (getting nuts on these bolts is a 2 person job if you have a bulkhead fitted and quite fiddly due to ribs under the base. You will also need to make 4 packers per seat (about 6mm) to pick them up and allow the the runner latching to engauge
Easy to sort power for the seat back rest and base motors, not sorted lumber support and heater element yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom