Vito single to dualseat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sadoldbugger

Car
Vito
First of hi everyone I've just bought a 2013 traveliner with 11,000 miles on it very pleased with it I part x my 06 vito dualiner but I've got eight seats and I really need nine has anyone got a dual seat to sell or part x for a single one. And is it as straight forward as undoing 4 bolts and fixing the new seat as I've been told I'm sure someone on here must have done it or wants to if you were doing a camper conversion then a single seat would probably be better that's my reckoning what do you think

Sadoldbugger said:
First of hi everyone I've just bought a 2013 traveliner with 11,000 miles on it very pleased with it I part x my 06 vito dualiner but I've got eight seats and I really need nine has anyone got a dual seat to sell or part x for a single one. And is it as straight forward as undoing 4 bolts and fixing the new seat as I've been told I'm sure someone on here must have done it or wants to if you were doing a camper conversion then a single seat would probably be better that's my reckoning what do you think
i got a bench seat I can px it with your single .

Hi thanks for getting back so quick is the seat in Lima black cloth if so what condition and how much to swop cheers james

Sadoldbugger said:
Hi thanks for getting back so quick is the seat in Lima black cloth if so what condition and how much to swop cheers james
mine one is black in brand new condition my van is 62 plate and the seats always had covers from new

Yes sounds good how much do you want to part x and where are you 01420 562436

Sadoldbugger said:
Yes sounds good how much do you want to part x and where are you 01420 562436
as long your seat has got arm rest I'll do a straight swap.

Result yes it has got an armrest and is in immaculate condition I'm up for a swop give me a ring and we will arrange something

Sadoldbugger said:
Result yes it has got an armrest and is in immaculate condition I'm up for a swop give me a ring and we will arrange something
I've found out a bit more information I need a dual seat with the electrics underneath for the airbag but you say you're one doesn't have an air bag or it will just come up with error codes so I'm going to give this one a miss thanks anyway for you're help so I'm still looking if anyone can help with a seat or advise only I only got it on 4 July I don't want to give myself problems already

Isnt it just an occupancy mat in the seat ??? you could add that to the seat without too much hassle im sure. Ask Zenman 63 , he has rebuilt several seats and added heating, sure the occupancy side could be retrofitted .

Nick

Duel seats have an extra seat belt tensioner in the middle, no sensor is fitted.
To swap the right way you need both seat bases and the B post trims all swapping including the beam that goes from B to B post across the van, also the front matt as its cut short at the seat base so swap that as well.
All easy enough if swapping and the extra belt just coded out job done.

zenman63 said:
Duel seats have an extra seat belt tensioner in the middle, no sensor is fitted. To swap the right way you need both seat bases and the B post trims all swapping including the beam that goes from B to B post across the van, also the front matt as its cut short at the seat base so swap that as well. All easy enough if swapping and the extra belt just coded out job done.
thanks for the replays I think I will wait till the right offer comes up I think it's a bit more to it than I was told

Sadoldbugger said:
thanks for the replays I think I will wait till the right offer comes up I think it's a bit more to it than I was told
can anyone tell me are the seat bases the same all the way through from 2003 I have a 2013 vito traveliner and I need a seat base for a driver and dual seat passenger

No there not all the same, there are two nights for a start.
The duel seat bace is one large unit, both join together and bolt to the floor in a different hole.
This was done so sheets could fit inside the van under the extra length under the seats.
The matt and the cubby box all needs to swap and the B post trims.

zenman63 said:
No there not all the same, there are two nights for a start. The duel seat bace is one large unit, both join together and bolt to the floor in a different hole. This was done so sheets could fit inside the van under the extra length under the seats. The matt and the cubby box all needs to swap and the B post trims.
Hi thanks for the reply do you know which one fits my van I keep looking on e bay but I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right one this has gone from yes it's easy mate this fits on the same box as the single seat that's what I was told by someone on eBay to a bit more involved

It will fit the stock base yes but only half the bolts, remember its a twin so it bolts to the cross brace and that bolts to the B posts.
Just go and look at one in the dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom