Vito Sliding Door Won't Open From Outside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur13

Car
Vito 109cdi 2007
My 2007 Vito has a a few annoying issues which i want to work my way through!

One of which being the passenger side sliding door doesn't open from the outside,

When i unlock the van with the fob the door doesn't open from the outside, and if i go in the back and try open it, the door opens! so if i then close it and open it from the outside it will open no problems until i lock and unlock the van again! occasionally it will open from the outside after unlocking but its pain!

What do i need to do?

Thanks

Wildcard answer but on the inside of the sliding door there isn't a latch/button resembling a sort of reverse child lock is there?

Sounds like the unlock part of the central locking isn't working on that door. Vitos don't have deadlocks so it will always open from the inside. Try cleaning the contacts on the forward pillar

Hi, did you manage to fix this?

I've got the exact same issue however mine started after someone tried to break in through that door so handle was bit damaged!

My last vito did this after I tried to open the side door when it was frozen shut, turned out that I had strained the rod / mechanism from the handle

My 2007 Vito has a a few annoying issues which i want to work my way through!

One of which being the passenger side sliding door doesn't open from the outside,

When i unlock the van with the fob the door doesn't open from the outside, and if i go in the back and try open it, the door opens! so if i then close it and open it from the outside it will open no problems until i lock and unlock the van again! occasionally it will open from the outside after unlocking but its pain!

What do i need to do?

Thanks
Hi did you g this resolved as I have just purchased a Vito 2nd hand & have the same issues. Would be good to know what the problem was
Thanks

Hi,

I have the same issue ..

Anyone work it out without replacing the whole part.. $600 au.

Wildcard answer but on the inside of the sliding door there isn't a latch/button resembling a sort of reverse child lock is there?
I've got vito 2018 but sliding door isn't opening from inside first door wasn't closing properly you had to slam it to close but now it's not opening from inside the inside handle is loose but it's fine from outside handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom