Vito Sport 119 crew cab compact

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok. I need advice off the Vito gang.

The deal I've been looking at is a belter. Long Vito 114Cdi BlueTec 7G auto Urban edition (adds Auto, Becker sat Nav, and reversing camara.) TBH in the real world it ticks all the boxes for me. Other extras would be nice but not essential.

http://www.vanarama.co.uk/mercedes-benz-van-leasing/vito/114cdi-bluetec-urban-edition-van-7g-tronic-9574.html

The deal is on stock vans with 1-2 week delivery. (A factory order would increase the price)

When I first enquired they had white, metallic black, silver and flint grey (all same price) because it's took me an age to go ahead they now tell me there's only white left! :wallbash: they've offered free tow bar (which I need anyway) free ply lined and full tank of diesel.

I'm a big white van man hater. (no offence to any out there) I've alway had nice metallic vans and never had white.

Do I bite the bullet and go for the white and have it signed up nice or pull the plug and be paitant? :dk:

All thoughts appreciated.

Ant. :D

Get it ant!

I think I'm put off because of all the battered and bruised white vans you see. Dirty, rusting and neglected.

I think there was some suspicion with the 639 that the metallic paint finishes seemed less prone to rusting in some way. Different surface prep, tougher topcoat, thicker paint layer ... not sure. But I don't think it was purely down to white ones being unloved/neglected/abused and metallic ones not.

IMHO plain white vans look less impressive/professional, which may subconsciously affect the image of the company/individual.

I would agree with that BTB, I suppose we are fortunate that we don't need to have our vans sign written for advertising purposes, we have a solid regular customer base, that know we have black vitos, a white van turning up could almost be anyone. I was a little concerned though that some customers may think the new one was a bit flash with the chrome bits and pieces, but certainly not had any comments to that effect, everyone seems to think its very smart.

Mark

As I said, more than happy with the spec and delighted with the price. Just wanted to know how important colour is to others when buying a work van.

I'd never spend silly money on extras or even the Sport as I simply could not afford one. (Well, actually I could but I prefer to put as much as I can into buying houses for our future) This Urban Edition is fine for me if I can get past the White.

I think I'm put off because of all the battered and bruised white vans you see. Dirty, rusting and neglected. A brand new van won't look that bad will it?

Feel like I want it but after reassurance it seems. I'll decide over the weekend.

Ant.
My Wife also buys house (I end up doing the rewire for free if needed "hate house bashing") also fit new bathroom lay new patio etc etc just
she is looking at a property this week crumbs more free labour;)

I don't want to spend silly money on Sports but I have too because the satisfaction of cruising in it (My mobile office) is priceless!:bannana:

Kofidee, just had that feeling, love the new van, done about 1300 miles in it this week, not driven sport x all week, man its incredible, I know the 119 is roughly same speed etc but the v6 is so so smooth and quiet oh and incredibly fast.
Come on MB there seems to be plenty of room under the bonnet for something a little crazy.

Mark

IMHO plain white vans look less impressive/professional.

If I do go for white it would be very tastefully signed.

I would agree with that BTB, I suppose we are fortunate that we don't need to have our vans sign written for advertising purposes, we have a solid regular customer base

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I'm a sole trader so no fleet for me. I also have a great regular customer base and never struggle for work. (There's only 3 weeks spare in my diary from now until the Christmas break.) having a nice van will not earn me more money but I think like you (and many others) it's important to give a professional image and pride in your company. I'm really happy with my existing Ford Transit. Had it from new, 5 years old in November and only 22,000 miles, (I very rarely work outside of our village) cleaned & polished every week. The ONLY reason I'm changing is because I need an auto gearbox. And honestly, value for money, Ford wins everytime. If they did an auto it'd be another tranny for me. (Transit Custom Limited LWB 170bhp with all the goodies for £17,800? That's value)

My Wife also buys house (I end up doing the rewire for free if needed "hate house bashing") also fit new bathroom lay new patio etc etc just
she is looking at a property this week crumbs more free labour;)

I don't want to spend silly money on Sports but I have too because the satisfaction of cruising in it (My mobile office) is priceless!:bannana:

My post wasn't a pop at you and the Sport X. It was just fact. I'd adore a van like that but I don't make any money sat in my 'office'.

Thanks for your thoughts lads.

Found out today that the 'Urban Edition' (the one I'm looking at with auto, Becker sat Nav & reversing camara) is ONLY available in white.

So it's either a factory order in a metallic paint and pay to add those extras (which I can't afford) or have the Urban Edition in white at the price I'm willing to pay.

Ant.

Last edited by a moderator:
V8 CDI. You know it makes sense M-B.

Ooooo yes please put my name down.

Ant, don't think anyone would think you were having a go.
From our point of view, got to be factory order, 3200kg weight variant is absolutely essential, 13 plate 113 bought it new, its just 3 years old it has 110k on the clock, did 440 miles in our new one on tuesday alone drove it for 9.5 hours, mobile office, workshop, parts dept, spend.so much time in it got to have something you like driving not something you have to drive.
Not knocking ford, but the 113 apart from service items, has had an exaust temprature sensor, and in total about 1ltr of oil spread out between all of its services ( 4 up to present)
My son drives it now, if I have to drive it its like a pair of old slippers, brilliant machine.

Mark

Last edited:

From our point of view, got to be factory order, 3200kg weight variant is absolutely essential, 13 plate 113 bought it new, its just 3 years old it has 110k on the clock, did 440 miles in our new one on tuesday alone drove it for 9.5 hours, mobile office, workshop, parts dept, spend.so much time in it got to have something you like driving not something you have to drive.
Not knocking ford, but the 113 apart from service items, has had an exaust temprature sensor, and in total about 1ltr of oil spread out between all of its services ( 4 up to present)
My son drives it now, if I have to drive it its like a pair of old slippers, brilliant machine.

Mark

Honestly Mark, I totally agree with all you say. 110k in 3 years for you. 22k in nearly 5 years for me. There's no comparison is there? And that's my point. For owners like you spending sooooo much time in your van I can get the 'mobile office' theory.

But surely you understand I spend a fraction of the time in my van. Basically working in the village 95% of the time. Leave my house at 7:30am, get to the job at 7:34am at the latest. (And that's including that pesky lollipop lady ;))

Maybe I'm a commoner but I really do enjoy driving my transit.

I'd love to spend 30k on a spec'ed up Vito but it's not going to happen for me. (And I'm not saying that those who do are in the wrong, just that we all cut our cloth to suit and have different ideas & priorities.)

Remarkable reliability from your 113 at that mileage too. :thumb: but I do think most vans are reliable if looked after and cared for. Mine is 5 years old and not had a single issue. Been well serviced and not abused. Albeit very low mileage.

I think there was some suspicion with the 639 that the metallic paint finishes seemed less prone to rusting in some way. Different surface prep, tougher topcoat, thicker paint layer ... not sure. But I don't think it was purely down to white ones being unloved/neglected/abused and metallic ones not.

IMHO plain white vans look less impressive/professional, which may subconsciously affect the image of the company/individual.

Nothing wrong with my old white 639 !!
The van is what you make out of it rather than being white or any other colour...

Mark

Mine 3 years old 100k apart from service items ,only had a intercooler hose replaced and never used oil between services great van that was and was remapped from new putting down 180hp at dyno.

I think they are crazy not to offer the 447 with a big engine option. If they did a V6 (or V8 ;)) a 447 would definitely be my next vehicle. Without that unique factor there are other possibilities e.g. the VW T6 Sportline (when that comes along).

I think they are crazy not to offer the 447 with a big engine option. If they did a V6 (or V8 ;)) a 447 would definitely be my next vehicle. Without that unique factor there are other possibilities e.g. the VW T6 Sportline (when that comes along).

T6 isn't a patch on the new vito !

T6 isn't a patch on the new vito !

I have to agree, I test drove both and ordered the Vito over the phone whilst driving away from the VW dealership give or take similar price the VW was a van yes it's a nice van but certainly not as nice to drive as the Vito IMO or as comfortable

Right you lot. That's it. Ordering my 114 urban edition first thing Tuesday morning. I'm joining the party. :bannana:

I'll be a 'White Van Man' in the name of MB Vito love.

I'll have it wrapped in Flint Grey. :bannana:

Right you lot. That's it. Ordering my 114 urban edition first thing Tuesday morning. I'm joining the party. :bannana:

I'll be a 'White Van Man' in the name of MB Vito love.

I'll have it wrapped in Flint Grey. :bannana:

Lol!

Ill be a 'White Van Man' in the name of MB Vito love.

I'll have it wrapped in Fliny Grey. :bannana:

Congratulations tbh white vans are becoming rarer these days and provided it's clean white looks bloody good, I'm sure you'll love the drive compared to the transit

Congratulations tbh white vans are becoming rarer these days and provided it's clean white looks bloody good, I'm sure you'll love the drive compared to the transit

Oh, rest assured it'll be clean. Image is paramount. It's amazing the sign writing on my tranny is in tact.

I just know an auto will make my working week that little bit easier.

I'll keep you posted my fellow Vito owners. (Although I'll be the poor little Vito man in my 114. :mad:)

Now then, some after market alloys & a lil re-map?............................

Oh, rest assured it'll be clean. Image is paramount. I'm amazing the sign writing on my tranny is in tact.

I just know an auto will make my working week that little bit easier.

I'll keep you posted my fellow Vito owners. (Although I'll be the poor little Vito man in my 114. :mad:)

Now then, some after market alloys & a lil re-map?............................

I don't own one just a receipt for the deposit :( it'll be late July before I get mine :wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom