Vito Sport compact the wait is over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
KoFidee said:
Any one have a list of L.E.D. suitable for a w639 late model looked at a few sites and the bulbs are not whats in mine example number plate bulbs are not festoon type gonna take them all out and compile a list if no joy rear done festoon and added 4500k L.E.D Ash tray done side lights done 501 using cree (why would mercy mix old technology filament 501 side lights with bi xenon looks awful warm white side by side with a 5000/6000k look)
ask Karl He might have something. I have led on mine but they come up with errorSent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

ask Karl He might have something. I have led on mine but they come up with errorSent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I am in isle of grain/st pauls cray sometime next week is that near you?
would like to see your led set up
cheers

KoFidee said:
I am in isle of grain/st pauls cray sometime next week is that near you? would like to see your led set up cheers
I'm in chatham Kent but during the day I'm in London we can meet up if you want :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The led I have is the side markers and rear number plate lights ,and I think it looks very nice :) I couldn't stand that old side markers!

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Just had a pioneer avic960dab fitted and hertz subwoofer,hertz speakers and amp it sounds very good!! Thanks Ashc63 and he's team at execspec!! Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:
Just had a pioneer avic960dab fitted and hertz subwoofer,hertz speakers and amp it sounds very good!! Thanks Ashc63 and he's team at execspec!! Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

looks good
I am in St paul Crays tomorrow evening to commission some lighting install
so would like to hear your avic960da set up if your free
pm me
cheers!

Cree LED

wonder how i can get this out of here without removing the bumper to get headlight out
got errors even though seller said they were error free

fitted resistors to stop errorrs fitment was crap onto headlight assembly and in dropped the lamp
:mad:

Last edited:
wonder how i can get this out of here without removing the bumper to get headlight out

A doubled over piece of that thick and wide plastic/nylon tape used to secure heavy bundles could do get to that……….I have a way that might work. And a small, strong magnet.
A suitable length of that tape (which I don't know the proper name for), doubled over with a sharp crease in the doubled end and pulled tightly over index finger with thumb making hard pressure to put a curve in it. When inserted through the headlight bulb hole, curve in the direction you want to go, by moving the inside curve piece of tape whilst holding the other piece steady, the crease will moved to the left. Magnet-tape-tape-magnet. Just like that!
In theory, anyway………have used this method for other jobs to good effect.

magnet is not a option alloy body lamp!
have got other side one out but this side is jammed has not moved position in 1000 miles
xenon headlight so don't fancy removing that
gained accès through fog light opening on offside
yes both lamps fell in

This popped up at 1200 miles dealer found no stored codes??

appeared again more frequent cruise and limiter stops functioning
going in tomorrow for diagnoses and fix hopefully

lighting controller failed replaced last week
brakes sqealing binding still been in 3 times new pads pins etc:crazy:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 45
Maybe the van being upside down caused the fault, somehow:D

led reading/interior light

led fitted internally

get error if fitting any so far to eternal lighting
want to do number plates and side lights
any one done a newer w639 with results?

Attachments

• DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 18
Auto wipers/Bi xenon Headlights

A big Thanks to Zenman!!

simple to carry out but very effective upgrade
auto headlights auto wipers

just one issue
mirror is USELESS in a van suppose if you wear mascara or lip then all good LoL

Attachments

• vito.jpg
    vito.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 29
  • vito1.jpg
    vito1.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 25
  • vito2.jpg
    vito2.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 31
trying to get factory fitted microphone working with Alpine x800du head unit the alpine one is sh*te
standard was pukka barring All the other functions!!

working spliced blue wire on Alpine (after removing lacquer from stranded fine wire) to black on original microphone.
same with red of Alpine to white of original microphone in roof light

Attachments

• alpinemic.JPG
    alpinemic.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 9
Ato Lights/wiper

Auto light wipers working a treat
puddle lights working
just need coding for auto folding mirrors
My dealership don't have a clue ....F64 :wallbash:
wish I had something similar to when I had official VCD from Ross-tech! so i code change parameters myself star maybe?

thanks to Zenman for his knowledge

Attachments

• puddle-lights-vito.jpg
    puddle-lights-vito.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Alpine mb specific unit

Expensive no different to X800DU spec
except buttons on side more like the original MB Audio

Last edited:
Expensive no different to X800DU spec
except buttons on side more like the original MB Audio

I often rue the day I opted for a COMAND retrofit. I had a Kenwood al in one in my Saab and I miss the ease of use and the touchscreen (outclassed and outdated compared to your Alpine but still miles ahead of COMAND)- that is a very nice unit and instal by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom