Vito Sport compact van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KoFidee

Car
Mercedes AMG W205 C CLASS W447 Sport 119 X350d A220 4 matic
ANY tips bits I should know getting it lined weds
adding strip to rear bumper

i.e.
chrome mirrors yes/no
parts to protect door entries etc?

your experiences please
thxs

What colour is it? Mine is dark grey.
I have chosen to keep mine standard looking apart from a bonnet bra and mud flaps. I chose not to have a fixed rear bumper protector (I made a fold out protector for loading etc) but was tempted by this MERCEDES BENZ VITO / VIANO BUMPER PROTECTOR BLACK POWDER COAT W639 | eBay.
Other than that, a set of black mats all round with 'Sport' logos and the full step covers from MB (S&B Commercials) rather than the inserts that look nicer but don't protect much. And a retractable load cover the same as you get in cars.

Are you taking out the rear inner mouldings and putting in ply lining?

Mud flaps, definitely. I put the clear plastic protector on the rear bumper as a temporary measure and 7 years on it's still there (and looking like new, i.e. basically invisible) :D

I went for the step inserts, the stainless steel ones are expensive but last well and do look nice.

vito-06.jpg

vito-07.jpg

Depends how hard it's going to be used.

I went for a rubber mat set (M-B), front and centre.

Anti-theft wheel bolts are a good idea (these are not standard).

Oh - definitely change all the indicator bulbs for M-B chrome ones. I use S&B Commercials as above, they have an eBay shop too.

Giantvanman said:
Are you taking out the rear inner mouldings and putting in ply lining?
i done mines without removing it.

Do you like that talk to me!:D

Last edited:
Do you like that talk to me!:D

I like the Vito in white a lot.

I very much wanted a white one but my wife insisted I go for grey because white made it look like a van (go figure). She also insisted I bought the Comfort (short) wheelbase because the Long was too long for her. And she insisted I have glass in the back single door because she didn't like the thought of it being solid.

I did all of that and she has driven it a total of ZERO times in the last year and now says she is unlikely to drive it because it's so big. Sometimes, just sometimes, I really could EDIT: do with ear plugs.

Giantvanman said:
I like the Vito in white a lot. I very much wanted a white one but my wife insisted I go for grey because white made it look like a van (go figure). She also insisted I bought the Comfort (short) wheelbase because the Long was too long for her. And she insisted I have glass in the back single door because she didn't like the thought of it being solid. I did all of that and she has driven it a total of ZERO times in the last year and now says she is unlikely to drive it because it's so big. Sometimes, just sometimes, I really could EDIT: do with ear plugs.
if listen to mine I've ended up with a pink one!:D

My wife drives ours (Long) more than I do!

My wife drives ours (Long) more than I do!

The damage is done. I would offer a straight trade but the devil you know and all that………………you realise I am talking about vans and not wives, right?:D
Anyway, as it's all her fault, shouldn't be too much of a problem convincing her the V8 will be the way forward (if the rumour turns out to be true).:thumb:

Mud flaps, definitely. I put the clear plastic protector on the rear bumper as a temporary measure and 7 years on it's still there (and looking like new, i.e. basically invisible) :D

I went for the step inserts, the stainless steel ones are expensive but last well and do look nice.

vito-06.jpg

vito-07.jpg

Depends how hard it's going to be used.

I went for a rubber mat set (M-B), front and centre.

Anti-theft wheel bolts are a good idea (these are not standard).

Oh - definitely change all the indicator bulbs for M-B chrome ones. I use S&B Commercials as above, they have an eBay shop too.

NO

anti theft bolts TUT. will try and get them thrown in tomorrow on collection

Giantvanman said:
The damage is done. I would offer a straight trade but the devil you know and all that………………you realise I am talking about vans and not wives, right?:D Anyway, as it's all her fault, shouldn't be too much of a problem convincing her the V8 will be the way forward (if the rumour turns out to be true).:thumb:
I'm with you on that one I didn't buy the v6 because I couldn't justify the extra fuel consumption but a V8 is another matter I'll buy it whatever it takes!:D

KoFidee said:
NO anti theft bolts TUT. will try and get them thrown in tomorrow on collection
when I bough mine sparshatts trow a set of them for free.:)

Giantvanman I have seen the new vito wile I was in France and they look better in the flesh than in the picture and the interior my god is to die for!

Giantvanman I have seen the new vito wile I was in France and they look better in the flesh than in the picture and the interior my god is to die for!

To be fair, the only pictures of the outside I have seen are not very flattering so it could only go one way! As for the inside, I tend to agree with you there. Very car-like and modern dashboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom