Vito Sport-X owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VitoSport-x

Car
Vito sport-x
Hi all,

New member here, I recently bought a '08 Vito Sport-X which is my first Mercedes so I thought I'd sign up here and benefit from owners knowledge.

It has replaced my Ford F150 Lightning as my work van/trackday tow car and now due to the birth of my first daughter 1year ago it will be the occasional family wagon when the larger load area is needed. So far the 3.0 V6 hasn't disappointed and the step down in power hasn't been too bad.

The previous owner added some 'choice' mods which I am the process of removing and/or improving. So far I have removed some horrible daytime running lights and a hideous twin exhaust that stuck out about 4 inches from the rear bumper!

Spec as it stands is:- Black LWB 5 seater in black leather with grey inserts. Solid barn doors. Carpeted rear bulkhead. Checker plated rear cargo area. Sun visor above windscreen (it's growing on me) rear roof mounted L.E.D spot lights for loading trailer in the dark (not my taste at first but have already come in handy so will stay). Wolfrace twin 5 spoke black with chrome rim alloys.

Future mods:- Fit Brabus wheels (newer shape ordered) so wolf race wheels will be for sale soon. Fit JBL speakers in doors to replace standards, speakers in rear bulkhead. Also fit power inverter to provide 240v sockets. Fit headrest DVD for daughter. Fit rear camera to keep an eye on trailer whilst towing track car. Can this be fitted to Command unit?

Darren

Last edited:
Hello Darren
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Welcome

Sounds like you have some wagon there. What track car do you have?

Welcome aboard, Darren.

Sounds like a nice van. For a moment I thought you were going to say you were keeping the Wolfrace wheels and selling the original Brabus ones. :)

I can only presume the previous owner sold the original wheels? As you are well aware, they are not cheap to buy.

If you have any questions just ask away and we'll do our best to help. Our members BTB500 and Zenman have a wealth of Vito knowledge.

Welcome

Sounds like you have some wagon there. What track car do you have?

Ariel Atom 3 300. I was at Donington with it on Wednesday. The Vito towed it well :D

Darren

VitoSport-x said:
Ariel Atom 3 300. I was at Donington with it on Wednesday. The Vito towed it well :D

Darren

Nice, a lot of fun I bet.

Welcome aboard, Darren.

Sounds like a nice van. For a moment I thought you were going to say you were keeping the Wolfrace wheels and selling the original Brabus ones. :)

I can only presume the previous owner sold the original wheels? As you are well aware, they are not cheap to buy.

If you have any questions just ask away and we'll do our best to help. Our members BTB500 and Zenman have a wealth of Vito knowledge.

Hi ringway,

Yes the previous owner has a mate with a Vito who he sells his originals to as he did with his new 122 Brabus. I've ordered the Brabus wheels on eBay. I know there are a load of copy's around but he imports them from Germany and are advertised as Brabus wheels and have Brabus on them. Best of all they were only £650 delivered. If they aren't genuine they will be going back. His username on eBay is wheeldoctor2011. He has some listed still under item number 110848933425.

Darren

Hi ringway,

Yes the previous owner has a mate with a Vito who he sells his originals to as he did with his new 122 Brabus. I've ordered the Brabus wheels on eBay. I know there are a load of copy's around but he imports them from Germany and are advertised as Brabus wheels and have Brabus on them. Best of all they were only £650 delivered. If they aren't genuine they will be going back. His username on eBay is wheeldoctor2011. He has some listed still under item number 110848933425.

Darren

I would be astounded if they were genuine for that price.

For brand new Brabus wheels, I'd think you were looking at £650 for EACH wheel...

I would be astounded if they were genuine for that price.

For brand new Brabus wheels, I'd think you were looking at £650 for EACH wheel...

Thats what i thought but worth a punt at £650 i'd say. Though i'd have thought if they were fake they would be available over here by now and not have to be imported from Germany? Either way i'll soon find out when they arrive.

Darren

Hi & welcome, I can confirm the V6 is great for towing!

Thats what i thought but worth a punt at £650 i'd say. Though i'd have thought if they were fake they would be available over here by now and not have to be imported from Germany? Either way i'll soon find out when they arrive.

Darren

If they do turn out to be genuine, fair play to you and it'll be a good result.

These are the Wolfrace wheels i'll soon be selling.

VitoWolfrace.jpg

woflracewheel.jpg

Darren

Who are you insured with? Quite a few companies won't touch vans unless they're factory stock - I'm with CIS (Co Op) and they said "change the wheels and no cover" :(

Adrian Flux commercial, can't remember the exact company. I told them the van had aftermarket alloys fitted when I bought it but i was hoping to return to standard alloys if I could find some. May have been different if I was changing form standard to aftermarket?

Darren

Is he sending them by snail mail ???? LoL, or is he carrying them by hand to your door LoL
Keep us posted.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom