Vito Sport X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cabb

Car
C63AMG Coupe Edition 507
I know it's not a car but does anyone have one of these and if so are they any good? Is there any major problems to look out for I'm trying to buy as new as possible also not sure if the new model will have this Version any help would be great
Thanks

Just about to take delivery of the new 119 Sport. Next week :) This will be my 3rd Vito, 2nd Sport. 1st Vito was a 120 V6, all are autos, all Duo liners although the new one is designated Crew Van.

I love them. All have been faultless, practical family / fun buses that lug my bikes, surfboards and garden rubbish around without being precious about the interior.

The V6 was rapid and returned an average 27.2 mpg. The 2nd Sport was a 116 and although not as quick it didn't disappoint and gave 34mpg. All have been on pretty standard alloys not like the low profiles on the Sport X, which I favour for an easier ride, and all have cloth interiors which has also been practical.

I had the Command system on the previous Sport which tbh was underwhelming. The new one will have parktronic, Led lighting, 7speed auto and 190 bhp - should be good.

Residuals on the old vans have been pretty good and I much prefer the badge over the 2.0 Transporter.

One thing to watch out for on the new ones is the silly 57lt fuel tank size as standard - I believe this is to make room for the adblue tank. £90 for 'an upgrade!!' to a 70lt tank. Nuts. Fuel economy should be pretty good by all accounts though.

,I ordered mine early summer 2014,tried to cancel the order come August but was talked out of it by super salesman who it seems was correct in doing so, he said that when a new model is released only basic models make it to our shores & there will be no V6!!! as this was the main reason for placing an order I waited & took delivery in October last year.

It is absolutely fantastic in every way, especially now it's had a Celtic tuning re-map.

Are you the guy posting on FB??:

Attachments

• P1000943.jpg
    P1000943.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The Company I work for (Mondays Only) have a 63 plate Sport X Auto, they've had no problems with it so far , quite a fast "Van" according to the driver. We recently had a new 65 plate Sport and the delivery rep told me that the Sport X had been discontinued because the engine wasn't Euro six compliant.

The Company I work for (Mondays Only) have a 63 plate Sport X Auto, they've had no problems with it so far , quite a fast "Van" according to the driver. We recently had a new 65 plate Sport and the delivery rep told me that the Sport X had been discontinued because the engine wasn't Euro six compliant.

Mb have missed a trick by not including The V6 in the new line up??

Mb have missed a trick by not including The V6 in the new line up??

They have missed a trick if that's the case. Although I suppose I was always going to end up with a Mercedes, the reason I stopped looking at the arguably prettier VW Transporter was that they had dropped the 2.5 diesel engine, making it unable to get close to the performance of a 120 V6.

I had my Vito 120 Dualiner for 3 years (6 years old when I sold it) and in that time replaced just a rear spring and a pressure sensor.
The tailgate rust issue was the only downside to ownership and I loved that van. It swallowed miles for fun and although I'm not a particularly fast driver, I did really enjoy flexing the muscles of the V6. Smooth, powerful, and for a van, very quick indeed. The used V6's will be in demand now. ;)

Thanks guys it was a V6 Vito Sport X I was thinking of getting I've looked at a couple just trying to find the right colour and spec
No I don't use Facebook

OK, then just shows the interest in the V6 Merc:D you & others queuing up to get behind the wheel eh.

Had mine for two and a half years.... Been great. Still get a buzz when I squeeze the throttle and it just pulls, and pulls and pulls. With all my kit in it tops the scales at 2800 kg and still averages 30 mpg. Can get 38 on a long run. Wheels look great and you can get reasonable tyres cheaply - but it will spoil your day when you kerb one!

Issues - power steering cooler split. Merc collected, repaired and returned the vehicle next morning. Command sat Nav keeps getting lost - just waiting for a new Head unit to be delivered.

Our plumber is on his 3rd v6 and loves it, bright red with all the brabus extras you could fit including under the bonnet. He's hacked off that they are not planning to continue the model with the engine combination.

I know it's not a car but does anyone have one of these and if so are they any good? Is there any major problems to look out for I'm trying to buy as new as possible also not sure if the new model will have this Version any help would be great
Thanks

Mine is only a Sport (Sport-X without the leather, bodykit & a couple of the extras) and the short answer is YES! They are very good. Minor problems only (e.g. some had the chrome trim above the number plate tightened too much at the manufacturing stage which caused corrosion; there is an MB fix where they insert a plastic gasket) but nothing major or recurring. Don't let the "it'll rust out from under you" or "you're better of with a Vivaro" voices put you off because these vans are F-u-n!

The current (W447) is a joint enterprise and looks good but no V6 on the horizon, apparently. I did hear from someone inside MB that a V8 is planned but that could be for the continent…they always had a much greater choice of engines, including petrol, than we ever did in the UK.

Last edited:
I would echo the comments already made - we've had our V6 for 8 years now and it's been great. The Sport X is a UK special edition - they were built by M-B as standard 120s then had the Brabus wheels & front bumper fitted here, and the seats re-trimmed in leather. I've heard you don't get a spare wheel with them, which is a bit odd.

Had mine for two and a half years.... Been great. Still get a buzz when I squeeze the throttle and it just pulls, and pulls and pulls. With all my kit in it tops the scales at 2800 kg and still averages 30 mpg. Can get 38 on a long run.

Wow, our V6 averages about 26 mpg ... the best I've seen on our drives to Germany (which definitely qualifies as a long run!) is 31. That's cruising at about 75 though ... could probably do a bit better by going slower.

the reason I stopped looking at the arguably prettier VW Transporter was that they had dropped the 2.5 diesel engine, making it unable to get close to the performance of a 120 V6.

Same here.

Now they've both gone the same route of smaller 4-pot engines with twin turbos (obviously for emission/economy reasons) so M-B have lost their unique selling point. A big shame.

Hey Bill - how's it going - where's that 8 years gone? The new Vans are still 'Sportified' by MB in the UK, at least thats what I have been told. There does not seem to be too much info out there on the new ones. I may be wrong but I think that the 'collaboration' is now on the Renault powered FWD options that are not offered the Sport / Sport X treatment.

Hey Bill - how's it going - where's that 8 years gone? The new Vans are still 'Sportified' by MB in the UK, at least thats what I have been told. There does not seem to be too much info out there on the new ones. I may be wrong but I think that the 'collaboration' is now on the Renault powered FWD options that are not offered the Sport / Sport X treatment.

Hi there - doing good thanks! Yup AFAIK all the special versions are done locally in the UK after they come off the boat. What we need is an AMG version :devil:

Hi there - doing good thanks! Yup AFAIK all the special versions are done locally in the UK after they come off the boat. What we need is an AMG version :devil:

No, no, no. We need something exclusive like a Brabus. AMG is just soooo common these days :devil::D

I'm Joking :p

Although if u got an AMG model you might get recognised by a few more Mercedes owners. Atm Vito's & Viano's are second class vehicles according to most other owners, who view them as Commercial vehicles which i find strange as Viano's are sold side by side with cars..

If im not posting, then im retro fitting!! MBClub UK

Same here.

Now they've both gone the same route of smaller 4-pot engines with twin turbos (obviously for emission/economy reasons) so M-B have lost their unique selling point. A big shame.

Bill, perhaps you should be considering getting one of the last 120/22's. That would be my quest if I was still in Vito ownership.

I have to say that all things considered, my Vito 120 is probably the best vehicle I've owned. I used to cover around 500 miles a day sometimes and it was always a pleasure to drive. :rock:

Bumped into a Commercial dealer Mercedes sales rep the other day .. He asks me am l keen to upgrade ?? l said Umm no. He walks to the tailgate and replies ahhh ok its a 120 ... l understand ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom