VITO SportX Brabus Limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marksim

Car
Vito
Hi,
i have a 122 SportX Vito.
Last couple of times ive given the van a top speed run its gone into limp mode.
After stopping and starting again all is good and limp mode has gone.
Nothing comes up on the dashboard indicating any errors.
Just wondered if anyone had any similar issues or even better if anyone knew what could be wrong.
Thanks

Could be any number of things ... you need to get the fault codes read by someone who knows what they are doing, preferably on an MB STAR system. Speaking from personal experience it's quite likely this will go from an intermittent thing to permanent limp mode and/or EML on. Things that have caused this on mine (starting from about 80k miles):

DPF pressure sensor
DPF temperature sensor (there are two of these)
EGR valve
MAF sensor
Failing turbo

Could be any number of things ... you need to get the fault codes read by someone who knows what they are doing, preferably on an MB STAR system. Speaking from personal experience it's quite likely this will go from an intermittent thing to permanent limp mode and/or EML on. Things that have caused this on mine (starting from about 80k miles):

DPF pressure sensor
DPF temperature sensor (there are two of these)
EGR valve
MAF sensor
Failing turbo
Thanks very much for that.
i will call at my garage and get the fault codes read.

Good luck! I ended up having to use an MB dealer after a good local garage had it for 2 weeks and couldn't resolve the fault codes (this was for the EGR valve).

Most of the sensors etc. aren't too bad cost-wise although the DPF temp. one on mine was seized and had to be drilled out & the hole re-tapped. Turbo failure is a biggie but not that common. Mine was caused by the exhaust manifold liners delaminating and sending debris into the turbo. This is a 'known fault' on the V6 and affects many different MBs but it's particularly bad news on the W639 as it's an engine-out job to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom