Vito suspension (H&R)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil24/7

Car
Vito (W639)
I recently bought some H&R lowering springs from: duw-tuner.de - H&R Federn 29226-1 Mercedes W639

I email them regarding getting their VAT taken off as I am a VAT paying company and after a few emails they duly obliged and sent me a revised invoice. I received them within a week and they came very well packaged.

I took this opportunity to renew the top mounts and front shocks as I didn't fancy taking the front shocks out more than once and at £50 a corner for the shocks and £40 each corner for the top mounts it seemed silly to mess about.

The ride now is night and day from what it used to be, I no longer get sea sick unladen, but it does show up how poor my tyres are! I have just bought a set of 19" ML wheels from ebay that I need to refurbish and shroud in decent rubber for the transformation to be complete.

For any looking at lowering springs I can't recommend H&R enough and with the pound so strong against the Euro at the moment it seems silly not to purchase German products direct from Germany. I was getting prices of £250 for the springs from UK suppliers (all of which would have had to order the springs in) but managed to get them for £160 delivered from the company above who were very helpful and easy to deal with.

Regards
Phil

Geometry is a big problem on the front, I will look at my latest settings on mine in an attempt to keep the front tyres from rubbing the insides out.
Tyres 245/45/19 is factory size.

Is that link the springs you used, Just fronts?
Do you have air rear?

I recently bought some H&R lowering springs from: duw-tuner.de*-*H&R Federn 29226-1 Mercedes W639

g.png
thanks for link advice

do you have any pictures of before and after?

Sorry. Missed all of these replies.

Haven't had any problems with geometry so far but it may be too early to tell. I had the tracking done soon after sorting the suspension and fitting the alloys.

That site is legit and their service was exceptional. Speed of delivery was amazing seeing as they needed to order them in (3 or 4 working days) and any queries were dealt with quickly. As I was buying through my company I didn't have to pay the VAT so these worked out ridiculously cheap!

I have a pick from before...just looks standard but haven't taken any pics since. It is vastly improved though, especially with the new wheels. It's been the best upgrade so far and transformed the look and the handling of the Vito.

Regards
Phil

i was considering lowering mine
pics of yours would be great

just logged on
£173 inc through paypal
i might get these
mine is a facelift 2012 reg 639
do i order the same as you phil ?

Last edited:
I've just fitted these to a 2011 639, made a huge difference and feels great to drive, I'm now trying to decide which wheels an tyres to fit, but really stuck on what size first off, 19s or 20s, any help really aprreciated!!!!???

I have eibach springs fitted to mine and agree it looks better and corners better too..
However as some may have read on other forums I have a bad knocking from both sides.
It's not when hitting potholes but rather when going over undulating road where the wheels must be moving up and down quickly. I've new springs,top mounts,struts,drop links,anti roll bar bushes and inner/track ends.

If I'd not had the top mounts done I would have said that's what it sounds like but they're new genuine MB.

If anyone can help I'd much appreciate it.

I've just fitted these to a 2011 639, made a huge difference and feels great to drive, I'm now trying to decide which wheels an tyres to fit, but really stuck on what size first off, 19s or 20s, any help really aprreciated!!!!???

I've gone 20" and really like it. Apart from above post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom